Niantic just announced on their Facebook and Twitter that new Pokémon are going to be added on 12th of December. It’s still unclear if it refers to Generation 2 or Legendary Pokémon, but given how the announcement is phrased, Generation 2 is more likely.
Here’s a short list of events in December:
Wednesday Dec. 7
- Niantic/Sprint announce that Sprint is the 1st #PokemonGO US partner. Converts 10,500 locations in the US into PokéStops & Gyms. ~ Source: Niantic Twitter
- Sprint, Boost Mobile and Sprint at Radioshack stores will become PokéStops and Gyms
- What appears to be a non-consumer-facing press conference will occur at 8:30am PST with Sprint and Niantic, including a Q&A with Niantic (likely about the sponsorship)
- TSR will host a reddit live thread if real-time information becomes available!
Thursday Dec. 8
- US company-operated Starbucks locations will be converted into gyms and PokeStops, similarly to Sprint’s
- Starbucks will begin offering a themed frappuccino
- It is unclear whether any in-game content will change on this date.
Monday Dec. 12
- Niantic/Pokemon will be making an announcement with further information about “More Pokemon” coming to the game ~ Source: Pokemon Twitter, Niantic Blog
- Tweet from Pokemon (not Niantic):”More Pokémon are coming to #PokemonGO! Stay tuned for details on 12/12, Trainers!”
- Relevant statement from John Hanke:”We’re excited for December because we have a few new experiences and in-game events planned for you before wrapping up the year. While we cannot share all the details yet, keep an eye out on our social media channels on December 12th for details about the first addition of more Pokémon into Pokémon GO.”