Trainers, the following Raid Boss List for May 2019 in Pokémon GO, following the raid pool changes that occurred as Uxie, Mesprite, and Azelf made their way into battles. We expect this raid boss list to be available from May 1st onwards.
NOTE: The Lake Guardians (Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf) are only available in specific Regions and are, currently, NOT expected to rotate.
Here are our raiding recommendations for May:
- Tyranitar is the best of the T4s, but Shiftry, Alolan Marowak, Houndoom, and Absol are all good counters for the Lake Trio. Absol and Alolan Marowak are good for shiny hunting!
- Get ALL the Gengar. Gengar is an Excellent counter to the Lake Trio. If you do not yet have a good Machamp team, raiding is your best way of getting a hold of a few good ones. Scyther raids are a good way to get some good IV Scizor. Alolan Raichu is good for shiny hunting. Sharpedo, while boasting a massive attack stat, is skippable.
- Sneasel is an easy way to get a lake trio counter once you evolve it into Weavile. Mawile, as always, is good for shiny hunting. Alolan Exeggutor is good if you have a pesky ‘catch a dragon-type’ quest on your hands!
- Tier 1 is yet again only good for shiny hunting.
- The rest is a mixed bag of previously seen raid bosses which can be raided on a casual basis. You’re not missing out if you’re not doing them (especially if you’re low on Stardust and you can’t power them up to a reasonable level).