Strap yourselves in Trainers, Pokemon Go 2020 Fest Has Begun! As our overseas friends have just started experiencing the event we now have more details about Go Fest that we’re excited to share with you all.
Please note: This info is coming directly from our friends over at Serebii.net and will be updated as and when new information comes in.
Event Date: Saturday, July 25, 2020, 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. & Sunday, July 26, 2020, 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time.
- Boosted Pokemon Spawns for all who purchased a ticket.
- Special Research that gives a decent number of items.
- New shiny Pokemon have been released including Heatmor, Hat-wearing Kanto Starters and Unown!
- 3 Weeks of “Ultra Unlock” bonuses if enough global challenges are completed.
There are 5 different “Habitats” that will rotate each hour on the hour for the duration of the event. The exact nature of which habitat you will face first will be determined by your time zone. You can see exactly which schedule you will have by clicking here.
Our friends over at P337.info have devised a handy web app that detects your timezone and displays the schedule of habitats based upon your location.
The 5 habitats are:
Spawn Increases Throughout Entire Event
Spawn Increases Throughout Battle Biome
Spawn Increases Throughout Friendship Biome
Spawn Increases Throughout Grass Biome
Spawn Increases Throughout Fire Biome
Spawn Increases Throughout Water Biome
New Pokémon in Event
- Pikachu Visor Bulbasaur
- Pikachu Visor Charmander
- Pikachu Visor Squirtle
New Shiny Pokémon In Event
The Global Challenges
Trainers should work together in the Global Challenge Arena! This GO Fest–exclusive feature will be available only to ticket holders. In the Global Challenge Arena, Trainers will have to join forces in order to complete a collaborative challenge each hour. If Trainers complete a challenge, they will earn a bonus for the remainder of the hour. You can check the Global Challenge Arena screen to keep track of global progress!
Day 1 Priorities:
We all like a helping hand sometimes and for those who are looking for a few pointers please see the below points for what you should be focusing your time on during this first Day of Go Fest.
- Catch as many Pokemon as you can whilst your in a specific habitat! – Some of these spawns are very rare that you might not get another chance to catch for a long time so fill your boots! The professor is standing by with the grinder for all of those ‘Mon that don’t make the cut.
- Don sweat – If you miss a particular Pokemon, the habitats appear twice each, so wait focus on the current spawns and go after your prize later in the day.
- Remember to help complete the current Global Challenges. These change every hour and there is a huge set of rewards if we all manage to achieve a certain number completed. See below for the ‘Deets.
- Remember to HAVE FUN! We might never get to experience an event like this ever again so please don’t forget to enjoy yourselves out there, wherever you are!
Event Specific Raid Bosses
Event Research Encounters
Go Fest Welcome
|Take a Snapshot of your buddy||Incense x 10|
|Use an Incense||Great Ball x 200|
|Catch 20 Fire type Pokemon||Charizard Encounter + 10,000 XP|
|Catch 20 Water type Pokemon||Blastoise Encounter + 10,000 Stardust|
|Catch 20 Grass type Pokemon||Venusaur Encounter + 2 x Lucky egg|
|Battle in 2 Raids||Gible Encounter|
|Make A New Friend||Snorlax Encounter|
Ultra Unlock Bonus rewards for completing the global challenges
If enough trainers come together to complete the following number of global challenges then there will be 3 weeks of “Ultra Unlock” Bonuses. There will be a total of 32 possible global challenges to complete within the 2-day event window and the requirements are as follow:
|Complete 8 Global Challenges||Dragon Week|
|Complete 16 Global Challenges||Enigma Week|
|Complete 24 Global Challenges||Unova Week|
Although today has given us an inkling of what general sort of thing to expect from Go Fest, Day 2 has always been sold as a “Surprise” and a complete shake-up for players.
Stay tuned for our Day 2 Guide…