Niantic has announced that a new feature called Trade Evolution is coming to Pokémon GO! Additionally, several new Unova region Pokémon have been released into the world of Pokémon GO, some of which will benefit from the addition of trade Evolution too!
Please be aware this is a massive announcement, and there are new Pokémon coming to wild encounters, Poké eggs, raids, and there are even new regional variants.
Trade Evolution is a new mechanic that allows players to trade an eligible Pokémon to lower the Candy cost to evolve them. Niantic has shared that the following Pokémon will gain Evolution benefits from trading:
- Kadabra, Machoke, Graveler, and Haunter are some Pokémon that can now benefit from trade Evolution. If you received one of these Pokémon in a trade in the past—congratulations! That Pokémon will retroactively qualify for no Candy cost when you evolve it.
- Boldore, Gurdurr, Karrablast, and Shelmet are now appearing in Pokémon GO and will be eligible for trade Evolution benefits. And remember, Trainers: Boldore’s and Gurdurr’s Evolutions, Gigalith and Conkeldurr, might be powerful Pokémon to have in your battle parties!
According to Niantic’s announcement, trading certain Pokémon will result in no Candy cost to evolve them. Trade evolution mechanic is already live:
New Generation V Pokémon
In addition to already mentioned Boldore, Gurdurr, Karrablast, and Shelmet, there are several new Pokémon that will be appearing in the wild, in raids, and in Eggs soon.
In the wild
|2 km Eggs|
|5 km Eggs|
|10 km Eggs|
Timburr will also be available in one-star raids.
New regional Pokémon
Pokémon appearing in the wild in certain parts of the world:
- North America, South America, and Africa: Throh (also available in 10 km Eggs)
- Europe, Asia, and Australia: Sawk (also available in 10 km Eggs)
- Southern United States, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, and South America: Maractus
- Egypt and Greece: Sigilyph
- Eastern Hemisphere: Red-Striped Form Basculin
- Western Hemisphere: Blue-Striped Form Basculin