Pokémon GO Ditto Hints
As of 0.47.1 Ditto is obtainable and capturable in game, but unfortunately nobody knows how – yet. This is a short page about all of the things we know now. Right, let’s start:
- Ditto is called Metamon in Japanese
- Ditto’s signature move Transform is in the game and assigned to Ditto
- Ditto used to have placeholder moves, now has Transform as fast move
- There is a growing number of references in the code base to a “Metamon encounter”
Ditto Encounter info
We know that Ditto Encounter is in the code base and it seems to be a special type of encounter. According to our code dump taken from 0.47.1 APK, there is a plethora of hints at how this event will play out:
- Ditto has a capture scenario encounter
- It’s not a hidden Easter Egg in the Pokédex
- The encounter is refferred as EncounterMetamon, with all other ingame encounters being called EncounterPokémon
- The encounter with Ditto has different UI and uses custom animations to animate Ditto, transformations and notifications
- Once you catch Ditto, a special music will play
- A part of the encounter includes swapping a Pokémon for Ditto
Source for this information is in the code dump we previously mentioned:
EncounterMetamonRevealState.catchProto.SwapPokemonToMetamon .METAMON_TRANSFORM_SEQUENCE_KEY.metamonUiPrefab.metamonUiFactory .metamonUi.catchPokemonOutProto.pokemonCharacter.previousLayerMask .EncounterMetamonRevealUI.ShowMetamonCaught.toastText.toastFactory.metamonNameColor dittoCaptureMusic TryTransformMetamon
How to find Ditto in Pokémon GO?
Honestly, we don’t know at this moment. Nobody knows. We strongly believe it’s an easter egg that’s been hidden for a long time now in the code, but we can’t find it yet.
Once more info on “how” is available we’ll update this page.