we know it’s a bit surprising, but today we’ve received confirmation that a special event is taking place in Pokémon GO during Halloween. The official Pokémon Company website stated the following in an article titled “Beware Pokémon’s Spooky Halloween Roundup!”:
The Halloween season is a special time in Pokémon GO. Plenty of good stuff is coming to the game later this October, and we can’t wait to get out and about to see what sort of excitement we can scare up while catching new Pokémon to fill out our Pokédex. Stay tuned for more details about Pokémon GO’s Halloween event coming soon!
Although a number of media outlets is going completely crazy about the “new Pokémon to fill out your Pokédex” part, be aware that this is just an initial media announcement, nothing conclusive.
This does not, we repeat, does not, mean we’re getting Generation III for Halloween. What it does confirm is the following:
- A Halloween event will take place, as we hoped for
- A new content/game update is expected later in October
- We should be hearing more soon
In addition, there is a plethora of other Halloween themed stuff going on:
- Pokémon TV will air two special episode collections: one that journeys into haunted houses to deliver plenty of scares, and another that digs into all of the Pokémon’s favorite treats.
- You can make your own Pokémon Pumpkins using the official pumpkin stencils
- Marshadow is appearing in Pokémon Sun and Moon via a special distribution
- #PokemonHalloween is the official hashtag on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Youtube for everything Pokémon and Halloween related
- A special new plush and costumed plushes will appear in the Pokémon Center shopping locations