Gible Community Day takes place on Sunday, June 6th 2021, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time. Shiny Gible will be making an appearance, and Garchomp evolved during event hours will know Earth Power Ground.
During the event, Lure Modules will last for three hours and you will get triple XP from catching Pokémon. You can read more about Garchomp with Earth Power here: A Complete Analysis of Garchomp With Earth Power.
Event timing and bonuses
Date and time
- 📅 Sunday, June 6, 2021, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time
- 🌱 Gible will be appearing more frequently in the wild.
- ✨ If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Gible!
- ⭐ Evolve Gabite during the event or up to two hours afterward to get a Garchomp that knows the Ground type charged attack Earth Power.
- 📸 Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- 🎁 There will be a one time purchase Community Day Box available for 1,280 PokéCoins which contains 50 Ultra Balls, five Incense, five Lucky Eggs, and an Elite Charged TM.
- 🔍 For US$1 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Gible Community Day-exclusive Special Research story, “Just a Nibble”.
- ⭐ 3× Catch XP during Community Day hours
- ⭐ Incense activated during the event will last for three hours
Shiny Gible, Gabite and Garchomp
Gible Community Day Exclusive Move: Earth Power
Evolve Gabite (Gible’s Evolution) during the event or up to two hours afterward to get a Garchomp that knows the Ground type charged attack Earth Power. You can read our full analysis here: A Complete Analysis of Garchomp With Earth Power.
Garchomp with Earth Power looks to have some spicy potential in PvP, and will absolutely be useful for raids, so we can’t wait to use it. You can read more about Garchomp’s meta role here: Garchomp Meta Analysis: An Earth-Shattering Drag(on) Force
|PVP Stat||PVE Stat|
Just a Nibble Special Research Tasks and Rewards
For US$1 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Gible Community Day-exclusive Special Research story, Just a Nibble. These usually feature several of the Community Day Pokémon as a reward, so can be a good way to attempt to get a good IV, or even a shiny with good IVs!
Just a Nibble Stage 1 Tasks and Rewards
- Power up Pokémon 10 times: x15 PokéBall
- Catch 15 Gible: Gible
- Make 5 Nice Throws: x20 Gible Candy
- Rewards: x2,000 Stardust, Gible and x1 Incense
Just a Nibble Stage 2 Tasks and Rewards
- Catch 15 Gible: x50 Gible Candy
- Transfer 10 Pokémon: Gabite
- Evolve 3 Gible: x10 Pinap Berry
- Rewards: 1,500 XP, Gible and x1 Incense
Just a Nibble Stage 3 Tasks and Rewards
- Make 3 Great Curveball Throws: x50 Gible Candy
- Evolve 1 Gabite: x1 Lucky Egg
- Transfer 10 Pokémon: x10 Great Ball
- Rewards: 2,500 XP, x1 Rocket Radar and x15 Ultra Ball
Just a Nibble Stage 4 Tasks and Rewards
- Claim: x2 Silver Pinap Berry
- Claim: Gible
- Claim: 3,500 XP
- Rewards: x3,000 Stardust, Garchomp and x2 Rare Candy
Gible Combat Power Chart
General Event Tips and Tricks
- ⭐ Pokémon you have not caught prior to the event start can turn into Gible, which means it is best to arrive at your spot early, and wait to catch until the event starts.
- ⭐ Be patient – there will always be errors and bugs at the start of the event. It is best to restart the app in most, if not all, cases.
- ⭐ Remember Pokéstops give out quests that are very beneficial on Community Day, giving you rewards for Stardust, Great and Ultra Balls, and Pinap Berries, all things that can help you if your stocks are low.
- ⭐While a Community Day Box has become the norm, most times it is not worth it compared to current or past sales. If it is what you need, go for it, but usually, the deal can be matched elsewhere.
- ⭐ To ensure that you have Lures up the entire duration, do not set your lures prior to the start of the event, as those will only last 30 minutes. The Lure has to go up after the event has started to last for three hours. Not to mention it will block the boosted CD spawns from spawning until it has depleted.
- ⭐ Use Incense to attract even more Pokémon to you while you’re out hunting. If you are wondering, yes, Incense can spawn Community Day ‘mons, that can be shiny. There is not a reason why you should avoid Incense if you have it.
- ⭐ Chat with your fellow Trainers and grow your local Pokémon Go community. Make good use of the QR code feature to make some new friends!
- ⭐ Promote the new Pokémon Go features and events to Trainers who are just starting their adventure or haven’t been playing for a while. People are coming back around due to trading, Trainer Battles, and these community events.
- ⭐ Most importantly, have fun, get some shinies, and hope for good network connections!