In order to start reviewing in Niantic Wayfarer, you will need to past a test. You can take the test two times. If you fail the test once, you can retake it in 30 days. If you fail the test a second time, you will be permanently locked out of reviewing Waystop nominations. You need to be Level 40 to review PokeStops in Niantic Wayfarer.
In order to pass the test, you will need to study and prepare for it. The vast majority of Pokemon GO players never reviewed PokeStop nominations, as it previously required a Level 12 Ingress account. This guide will help you prepare for the Wayfarer Test and understand how you should review Waystops in the future.
What is the Wayfarer Test?
Wayfarer Reviewers Test is a series of questions you need to answer in order to gain access to Niantic’s Wayfarer Review system. You can access Reviews without passing the test, but you can’t review Waystop nominations.
In order to take the test, click on Review tab in Wayfarer sidebar and press Start Learning. You will be introduced to the basic concepts of Wayfarer and you can take the test afterwards.
Wayfarer Test Questions
The test contain 10 randomly selected questions about portal eligibility. These questions will test a variety of knowledge required for reviewing PokeStop nominations. Questions range from “Should this be a Waystop?” to check location and how would you rate something about the portal.
You can see a handful of examples below, pay attention to the suggested answers and how Niantic checks your knowledge of reviewing rules:
We’re not sure if there’s a time limit for the test.
Answers to Wayfarer questions can be found in the Wayfarer Help Section, which we highly recommend you read through and memorize. Pay close attention to the Ineligible Waystop section, as it’s contains some of the most important rules in Wayfarer.
These nominations cannot be portals and you need to know this by heart, as these answers will appear in the test:
- Nominations that are images of mass-produced art pieces or objects
- Nominations with no safe pedestrian access to the Wayspot’s real-world location
- Nominations with images that are not objects, but rather people, body parts, or live animals.
- Nominations that are images of natural features
- Nominations that are images of objects that are not permanent
- Nominations that are images of objects that do not have a fixed real-world location
- Nominations with a photo or other materials to which you do not own the copyright (i.e. watermarked photos, photos from the internet, etc.).
- Nominations whose real-world location appears to be located on private residential property (including farms)
- Nominations whose real-world location appears to obstruct the driveways of emergency services
- Nominations whose real-world location appears to be on the grounds of primary/secondary schools, child care centers, or daycare centers
- Nominations that are images of adult-oriented stores or services
- Nominations submitted by accounts with a history of spamming inappropriate nominations
- Nominations that are duplicates of existing Wayspots
In order to study for the test, be sure to visit the following links:
- Wayfarer Help section is the canon of Wayfarer reviews. You need to know the rules in order to pass the test, as answers are directly based from this knowledge base. You should study through the Help section and understand the rules in order to pass the test.
- Waystop Criteria Spreadsheet that was collected by Ingress players throughout the years. This spreadsheet contains a purified set of rules on how rate and review portals in Wayfarer (previously OPR)