Wow! Trainers its nearing nightime in the West Coast, yet here we are with a bunch of crazy stuff happening at this moment (6:30 P.M. that is)! In the middle of a reveal of the new Pokémon Games in a Japanese Conference (More on that later), Alolan Exeggutor has been released to the public!
Thats right, Exeggutor is spawning in droves, the Tall Boi himself is spawning at near-event levels. Movesets and analysis will follow shortly (Here in fact), but screenshots seem to show it still retains its Bullet Seed, Seed Bomb, and Solar Beam, but now has access to two Alolan Variant STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus) moves, Dragon Tail (Fast) and Dragon Pulse (Charged). We do not know how long this tree will be out, and at this frequency, so by all means, catch it fast! It does not appear to be accessed via evolving a Exeggcute, so right now catching is the only known means.
Pokémon Let’s Go: Eevee and Pikachu
The leaks were true, we have official confirmation of two new Nintendo Switch games, that are based around the original Pokémon Yellow Edition handheld games, that will have ties to Pokémon Go. The Pokémon 2018 Video Game Press Conference was held shortly after 6 P.M. PST, and details came out about the long rumored games. This is breaking news so details are still coming in, but as of now we know (the trailer for Let’s Go can be seen here):
- There is a new Bluetooth connecting device to be released, a Actual Pokéball that links to the game Let’s Go, as well as Pokémon Go. It will work as a Pokémon Go Plus in Go, and will work as a Joy-Con in Let’s Go. It can also store a Pokemon and be taken throughout the real world, where if you do, “Good things may happen. . . “
- There appears to be a trading system between Let’s Go and Pokémon Go, where in Let’s Go there is a GO PARK, where you can send a Pokémon from Go, as well as the option to then recieve a “present” in Go that can be sent from Let’s Go. The assumption would be the present would be a Pokémon, however as there are little details it is unknown the extent that the trading system goes between the two games. You can only trade Kanto variants between the two.
- The Switch-only game has local 2 player Co-Op, has catching mechanics that mimic the style that Pokémon Go has (which means no wild Pokémon battles, just catching and encountering Pokémon ala Go), and features customizable Pikachu or Eevee (depending on version).
- The Trailer seems to indicate that Pokéride from the Sun and Moon games will make a return.
- Buddy Pokemon are back from the days of Silver and Gold, at the very least including the main stars of Eevee or Pikachu.
- 4 Moves are still present unlike the 2 present in Go.
- Pokemon in Let’s Go have both a Level and a CP, as displayed in the trailer in the top-right of the Clefairy encounter.
- It will take place in the Kanto Region, and feature the original 151 Kanto Pokemon as well as a few of their Alolan Variants, and one unknown new Pokémon that has never seen before in the games, hinted at during the ending scene of the trailer.
- No online Features in LGP/LGE, only the local multiplayer. Edit: It appears this was a mistranslation during the Q/A session, there will be trading and battling online and locally.
- Worldwide release of LGE/LGP along with the PokeBall Plus will be November 16th, 2018.
Another Pokémon Game for both the Switch and Mobile phones has been announced as well, Pokémon Quest. Though no relation to Pokémon Go, it is another Pokémon Mobile game to hit the scene. It revolves around adventuring and exploration, and seems to take a page out of the Mystery Dungeon series, where you actually control the Pokémon attacking, up to deciding their characteristics and using items called Power Stones to strengthen them. The game is “free-to-start” which indicates it might take in-app purchases, although it is confirmed to be free to download. It is currently available on the Switch now and will be available on Mobile in June 2018.
New Pokémon RPG 2019
Finally, the conference announced that another core-series RPG game would be coming to the Switch, in the second-half of 2019, with who knows what for features, so this, combined with all the news of the conference, it is a great day to be a Pokémon fan!
- Tall Boi (Alolan Exeggutor) in game now!
- Pokémon Let’s Go Eevee and Pikachu official announcement.
- Will have direct ties to Pokemon go including Pokémon trading and a shared Controller/Pokémon Go Plus in the form of a real life Pokéball.
- New Mobile and Switch free-to-play game.
- A single brand New Pokémon coming to LGE/LGP and hopefully Pokémon Go.
- New Pokemon RPG for 2019.