Scyther solo raid can be completed around level 20-25, making it one of the easiest tier 3 solo raids to complete. Scyther is a Bug and type and a level 3 raid boss with a Raid Boss CP of 19014.
- Generally easy raid boss to defeat, can be beat around level 20-25.
- Requires a team of semi-high leveled (20+) Rock, Fire, Electric, , and Ice type Pokémon including, Rampardos, Golem of Kantonian and Alolan variety, Smack Down Tyranitar, Rhyperior, legacy Omastar, and Heatran
- Difficulty: Easy
Written by Kristy, edited by Pro.
Solo Scyther Counters
Scyther is weak to Fire, Electric, , and Ice type moves, and doubly weak to Rock type moves, so utilizing those are of top priority. Below is a list if the best counters to solo raid a Scyther with.
Italics indicates Legacy and Exclusive Moves
|WEAKNESS Fire Rock x2 Ice Electric||BOOSTED BY Windy Rainy|
These are all still great options, and can be used not only in large groups, but in solo attempts! This should speak to just how easy a Scyther is that any of these counters can solo it in under 180 seconds.
- Melmetal with Thunder Shock/Rock Slide
- Zapdos with Thunder Shock/Thunderbolt
- Blaziken with Fire Spin/Overheat
- Charizard with Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Typhlosian with Ember/Blast Burn
- Luxray with Spark/Wild Charge
- Flareon with Fire Spin/Overheat
- Weavile with Ice Shard/Avalanche
- Magmortar with Fire Spin/Fire Punch or Fire Blast
- Mewtwo with Confusion/Thunderbolt
Scyther Raid Boss Moves
Scyther has access to all the following moves:
- Fury Cutter (fast, Bug type)
- Air Slash (fast, type)
- Night Slash (charged, 3 bars, Dark type)
- X-Scissor (charged, 3 bars, Bug type)
- Aerial Ace (charged, 3 bars, type)
Air Slash and Aerial Ace is the easiest move set to go up against. You would think that its dual STAB Rock types resisting it.moveset would be the most difficult, but in fact the moves provide your quickest time to win, through a combination of building your energy bar quickly, and your
Weather and Scyther solo raids
It would be the easiest to attempt this raid under Sunny or Partly Cloudy weather. Sunny weather would boost the power of Fire type moves, and therefore powerful counters like Moltres, and Partly Cloudy weather would boost the power of Rock type moves, which not only are double Super Effective (at a 1.96x Damage Multiplier) but boost the likes of insane counters like Tyranitar and Rhyperior. Rainy, Windy, and Snow boost Electric, , and Ice attackers, while Windy, Fog, and Rainy boost Scyther’s moves.
Below is a table illustrating this:
|Windy||Booststype moves. Allows a Level 25 Encounter from Weather Boost.||Boosts Scyther’s Air Slash and Aerial Ace|
|Snowy||Boosts Ice type moves||–|
|Sunny||Boosts Fire type moves||–|
|Rainy||Boosts Electric type moves. Allows a Level 25 Encounter from Weather Boost.||Boosts Scyther’s Fury Cutter and X-Scissor|
|Foggy||–||Boosts Scyther’s Night Slash|
|Partly Cloudy||Boosts Rock type moves||–|