Evolution Event is a special Pokémon GO event that takes place from Thursday, December 5, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. to Thursday, December 12, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8). The event celebrates Pokémon that evolve in unique or unusual ways.
Shiny Burmy is being released as part of this event. For those wondering, Unova Stones are also included in this event but we don’t have more information at this moment.
- Pokémon that evolve in unique ways—such as Onix, Eevee, Roselia, and Burmy—will be appearing more often in the wild, in raids, and in Field Research.
- Take on raids against Pokémon with unique Evolutions, like Lickitung, Scyther, Togetic, and Ralts!
- Find more 2 km Eggs that will hatch into Pokémon such as Tyrogue, Feebas, Burmy, and Happiny.
- Event-specific Field Research tasks that reward Evolution items, which can help you evolve certain Pokémon, will be available.
- If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Burmy!
- All Lure Modules will last one hour for the duration of the event, including the Glacial, Magnetic, and Mossy Lure Modules.
- 2× XP when evolving Pokémon
- Evolution items from raids
New shiny Pokémon
When the Evolution Event starts, 7 new shiny Pokémon will be available, including all shiny Burmy forms, shiny Wormadam forms and shiny Mothim. You can see a comparison below:
Evolution Event Raid Day
A special Evolution themed Raid day event takes place on Saturday, December 7, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in your local time zone. During the Raid Day, all evolution levels (e.g. Ivysaur and Charizard) have a chance of being Shiny from Raids (confirmed by Niantic).
- Encounter Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle in one-star raids.
- Encounter Ivysaur, Charmeleon, and Wartortle in two-star raids.
- Encounter Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise in four-star raids.
- Receive up to five additional Raid Passes during the Raid Day time period when you spin a Photo Disc at a Gym. These Raid Passes will not be available after the event period is over. You cannot hold more than one Raid Pass at once.