June 2022 Community Day: Deino takes place on Saturday, June 25, 2022, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. local time. Deino will appear more frequently in the wild, if you’re lucky you might encounter a Shiny one!
Hydreigon evolved during the event will know Brutal Swing, an excellent new Dark move exclusive to Hydreigon. Brutal Swing is a viable move in Gyms, Raids and Trainer Battles, so be ready to evolve.
For the first time ever, June Community Day will have a post-event that takes place after the three-hour Community Day event ends. Trainers will be able to challenge special four-star Raids featuring Zweilous, and unlock additional spawns around the Gym.
Date and Time
Shiny Deino, Zweilous and Hydreigon
Deino Combat Power Chart
A guide to Deino Combat Power values in Pokémon GO, depending on how it was obtained:
- Field & Special Research: 420 CP → 455 CP
- Egg hatch: 560 CP → 606 CP
- Raid catch: 560 CP → 606 CP
- Raid catch: Fog Windy 701 CP → 758 CP
- Wild encounter: 711 CP → 910 CP
- Wild encounter: Fog Windy 787 CP → 986 CP
- Evolve Zweilous (Deino's Evolution) during the event or up to five hours afterwards to get a Hydreigon that knows the Charged Attack Brutal Swing
- 1/4 Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed into Incubators during the event period
- 2x Candy for catching Pokémon
- 2x chance to receive Deino Candy XL from catching Deino
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise
- One additional special trade can be made during the event and up to five hours afterward for a maximum of three for the day
- Trades made during the event and up to five hours afterward will require 50% less Stardust
Group-play bonuses: Zweilous raidsZweilous
Work together with other Trainers to unlock additional bonuses. If enough Pokémon are caught with the help from a single Lure Module, wild Zweilous will appear near the Lured PokéStop. Zweilous in these raids will have 15000 HP (26100 raid CP), and you get 180 seconds to defeat it. You will need at least 2-4 Trainers to beat the timer, and it’s a very very difficult duo (near impossible without perfect counters).
Evolve Zweilous (Deino’s Evolution) during the event or up to five hours afterwards to get a Hydreigon that knows the Charged Attack Brutal Swing Dark. Brutal Swing is a Dark-type move with the following stats:
|Gym and Raid Battles
Here’s a quick recap of the new move, we suggest reading the full articles for more information:
- Brutal Swings turns Hydregon into the monster it was always meant to be. With a fast and high damaging charged move, Hydregon is the undisputed best Dark type Pokémon in the game barring mega evolutions and Shadow Mewtwo.
- Brutal Swing vastly improves Hydreigon’s fortunes across the board in PvE, arriving as its fastest and most cost efficient charge move… just the kind of thing you want to see for a Community Day move!
- That said, it remains more curiosity than meta in Great and Ultra Leagues. Its best shot for PvP greatness will likely be in Master League, where it can flex its very high CP.
- Master League is where Hydreigon looks like it can spread its wings now, especially when shields need to be busted down, and especially especially in Premier Classic, should that ever return. (PLEASE, Niantic! 🥺)
Bonus Raid Battles after Community Day
- Saturday, June 25, 2022, from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time
We’re excited to announce that Trainers can look forward to even more fun during June Community Day! After the three-hour Community Day event ends, Trainers will be able to challenge unique four-star Raid Battles. Claiming victory in one of these raids will cause more Deino to appear around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes!
Please note that the Community Day bonuses listed above in the “Event bonuses” and “Bonuses for groups” sections only apply to the three-hour Community Day event period.
Four-star Raid BattlesZweilous
- Zweilous will be appearing in four-star raids! Band together with your fellow Trainers to emerge victorious!
- These Raids can only be accessed with Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes. Remote Raid Passes cannot be used.
Bonus for completing Four-star Raid Battles
- Once you defeat Zweilous in a four-star Raid Battle, Deino will begin to appear in a 300-meter radius around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one!
- Deino that appear under these circumstances will have the same chance of appearing as a Shiny Pokémon as those that appear during June Community Day’s three-hour event period.
Field Notes: Deino Special Research
For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Deino Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Field Notes: Deino! This Special Research Story is avaialble throughout the entire day.
- Field Notes: Deino is a Community Day-exclusive Special Research story
- Tickets cost US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency)
- You can give a ticket to a friend so they can experience this Community Day’s Special Research story
Field Notes: Deino (1/4) Tasks and Rewards
|Earn 3 hearts with your buddy
|15× Poké Ball
|Catch 3 Deino
|3× Hyper Potion
|Make 3 Nice Throws in a row
|10× Nanab Berry
- 2000 Stardust,
- Deino Encounter,
- 1× Lucky Egg
Field Notes: Deino (2/4) Tasks and Rewards
|Transfer 3 Pokémon
|10× Great Ball
|Send 3 Gifts and add a sticker to each
|10× Pinap Berry
|Use 3 Pinap Berries to catch Pokémon
- 1500 XP,
- Deino Encounter,
- 1× Lure Module
Field Notes: Deino (3/4) Tasks and Rewards
|Make 3 Nice Curveball Throws in a row
|Power up Dragon-type Pokémon 3 times
|Evolve 3 Deino
|15× Great Ball
- 2500 XP,
- 1× Deino Encounter,
- 15× Ultra Ball
Field Notes: Deino (4/4) Tasks and Rewards
|3× Silver Pinap Berry
|3× Golden Razz Berry
- 3000 Stardust,
- Hydreigon Encounter,
- 3× Max Revive
You will be able to get event-themed stickers by spinning PokéStops, opening gifts, and purchasing them from the in-game shop.
Featured avatar item: Deino Hat
Deino Hat can be purchased from the in-game shop for 150 PokéCoins.
Essential items for the event
- 200× Pinap Berry
- 250× PokeBall
- 150× Great Ball
Nice to have items
- 6× Star Piece
- 1× Incense
- 3× Lure
Important reminder: this event features 2x Candy for catching Pokémon. You want to maximise that by using Pinap Berries on every catch.
Incense will help the spawns going on during the event, and it makes sense to spend one Incense at the start of the event – it lasts for three hours anyway. Stock up on enough PokéBalls and Pinap Berries to collect Deino Candy.
Tips and tricks
Don’t catch Pokémon before the event starts
Pokémon you have not caught before the event start can turn into Deino, which means it is best to arrive at your spot early, and wait to catch until the event starts.
Restart the app before the event
Be patient – there will always be errors and bugs at the start of the event. It is best to restart the app in most, if not all, cases.
Don’t forget to spin PokéStops
Remember PokéStops give out quests that are very beneficial on Community Day, giving you rewards for Stardust, Great and Ultra Balls, and Pinap Berries, all things that can help you if your stocks are low.
Don’t activate lures before the event starts
To ensure that you have Lures up the entire duration, do not set your lures before the start of the event, as those will only last 30 minutes. The Lure has to go up after the event has started to last for three hours. Not to mention it will block the boosted CD spawns from spawning until it has depleted.
Use Incense to attract even more Pokémon to you while you’re out hunting. If you are wondering, yes, Incense can spawn Community Day ‘mons, that can be shiny. There is not a reason why you should avoid Incense if you have it.
Don’t forget to enjoy the event
- Chat with your fellow Trainers and grow your local Pokémon Go community. Make good use of the QR code feature to make some new friends!
- Promote the new Pokémon Go features and events to Trainers who are just starting their adventure or haven’t been playing for a while. People are coming back around due to trading, new Pokémon, PvP, the numerous events, and these community-based events.
- Most importantly, have fun, get some shinies, and hope for no game breaking glitches!