Trainers, this is not a drill: Generation IV is coming to Pokemon GO! The official Pokemon website, Pokemon.com, posted an article with the upcoming changes. Niantic’s official post is yet to be released.
Here’s the Pokemon GO Generation IV teaser trailer:
There is no release date yet, but the word on the street is “soon”. With the Generation IV release, a whole plethora of changes is coming:
- CP values will be adjusted going forward to improve game balance.
- HP values will be adjusted to close the gap between Pokémon with high and low HP.
- Pokémon Defense and Stamina values will be rebalanced, allowing Pokémon with high defensive stats to be valuable by outlasting opponents in battle rather than these Pokémon merely taking too long to defeat.
- Defense values have also been slightly reduced for most Pokémon. Changes like these will help narrow the gap between Pokémon with the highest defensive stats and other Pokémon.
Additionally, the Pokemon world around us will change, as nest migrations and spawn mechanics are due to change:
- Moving forward, the weather feature will have a reduced effect on the rate at which Pokémon appear.
- As you explore a given area, you will notice that a greater variety of Pokémon species will appear over time and at different rates.
- Certain areas, such as parks and nature reserves, will now contain more varied Pokémon species.
You can find the original article here: https://www.pokemon.com/us/more-pokemon-arriving-in-pokemon-go/