Starly is the July 2022 Community Day featured Pokémon. Shiny Starly will be available, and Staraptor evolved during the event will know the fast move Gust.
Trainers, after the hype of Starly Community Day, we have news of July Community Day… Starly! Starly was initially hinted as a Community Day way back in 2020, when we first saw the Community Day ‘vote’ options added in the game code.
Starly was included in a vote option that was never used that included Magikarp, Bulbasaur and Exeggcute. This vote never took place, but many players hoped we would eventually get a Starly Community Day, and here it is!
Date & Time
Starly Community Day will take place on Sunday, July 17 2022 from 11 am to 2 pm local time.
Starly will feature more frequently in the wild, and if you are lucky, you might catch a shiny one! Shiny Starly, Staravia and Staraptor are shown below:
- Evolve Staravia (Starly's Evolution) during the event or up to five hours afterwards to get a Staraptor that knows the Fast Attack Gust
- 3x Catch XP
- 2x Candy for catching Pokémon
- 2x chance to receive Starly Candy XL from catching Starly
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise
- One additional special trade can be made during the event and up to five hours afterward for a maximum of three for the day
- Trades made during the event and up to five hours afterward will require 50% less Stardust
Featured Attack: Gust
Evolve Staravia into Staraptor during the event, or for up to five hours after, to get a Staraptor that knows the fast attack Gust.
|Animation duration||2000 ms|
|Damage window||900 – 2000 (1100 ms)|
Damage estimates for PvE
|STAB + Weather||36.00|
|STAB + Weather||36.00|
For more in-depth analysis of Staraptor with Gust, please refer to these two articles:
Starly Perfect IV CP Chart
Shows Starly’s max Combat Power at each Level:
Field Notes: Starly
Community Day Special Research Tasks and Rewards
For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Starly Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Field Notes:Starly! This Special Research Story is available throughout the entire day.
- Field Notes: Starly is a Community Day-exclusive Special Research story
- Tickets cost US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency)
- You can give a ticket to a friend so they can experience this Community Day’s Special Research story
Tasks and Rewards
Field Notes: Starly (1/4) Tasks and Rewards
|Power up Pokémon 10 times||15x Poké Ball|
|Catch 15 Starly||Starly|
|Make 5 Nice Throws||20x Starly Candy|
- 2000x Stardust
- 1x Incense
Field Notes: Starly (2/4) Tasks and Rewards
|Catch 15 Starly||30x Starly Candy|
|Transfer 10 Pokémon||Staravia|
|Evolve 3 Starly||10x Pinap Berry|
- 1500x XP
- 1x Incense
Field Notes: Starly (3/4) Tasks and Rewards
|Make 3 Great Curveball Throws||50x Starly Candy|
|Evolve one Staravia||1x Lucky Egg|
|Transfer 10 Pokémon||15x Great Ball|
- 2500x XP
- 1x Rocket Radar
- 15x Ultra Ball
Field Notes: Starly (4/4) Tasks and Rewards
|Claim Reward!||2x Silver Pinap Berry|
|Claim Reward!||3500x XP|
- 3000x Stardust
- 3x Rare Candy
Work together with other trainers to unlock additional group-play bonuses!
- If enough Pokémon are caught by trainers with help from a single Lure module, the 3x XP bonus for catching Pokémon near the Lured Pokéstop will be increased to a 4x XP bonus for 30 minutes.
- This bonus will not stack with the 3x XP bonus, it will instead replace it.
Bonus Staravia Raid Battles After Community DayStaravia
After the three hour Community Day event ends, trainers will be able to battle unique tier 4 raid battles. Victory in one of these battles will cause Starly to appear around the gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes. These Starly will have the opportunity to be shiny with the same chances as Community Day rates.
These raids can only be accessed via in person raid passes, and cannot be raided using remote raid passes.
While we do not know the exact information for these raids, based on the previous Community Day raids we can assume it will have 15000 HP (20075 raid CP), and you get 180 seconds to defeat it. You will need at least 2-4 Trainers to beat the timer, and it’s a very very difficult duo (near impossible without perfect counters).
You will be able to get event-themed stickers by spinning PokéStops, opening gifts, and purchasing them from the in-game shop.
Essential items for the event
- 200x Pinap Berry
- 250x PokeBall
- 150x Great Ball
Nice to have items
- 6x Star Piece
- 6x Lucky Egg
- 1x Incense
- 3x Lure
Important reminder: this event features 2x Candy for catching Pokémon. You want to maximise that by using Pinap Berries on every catch. You can also get up to 6x of XP from catching if you use a Lucky Egg.
Incense will help the spawns going on during the event, and it makes sense to spend one Incense at the start of the event – it lasts for three hours anyway. Stock up on enough PokéBalls and Pinap Berries to collect Candy.
Tips and tricks
Don’t catch Pokémon before the event starts
Pokémon you have not caught before the event start can turn into Starly, which means it is best to arrive at your spot early, and wait to catch until the event starts.
Restart the app before the event
Be patient – there will always be errors and bugs at the start of the event. It is best to restart the app in most, if not all, cases.
Don’t forget to spin PokéStops
Remember PokéStops give out quests that are very beneficial on Community Day, giving you rewards for Stardust, Great and Ultra Balls, and Pinap Berries, all things that can help you if your stocks are low.
Don’t activate lures before the event starts
To ensure that you have Lures up the entire duration, do not set your lures before the start of the event, as those will only last 30 minutes. The Lure has to go up after the event has started to last for three hours. Not to mention it will block the boosted CD spawns from spawning until it has depleted.
Use Incense to attract even more Pokémon to you while you’re out hunting. If you are wondering, yes, Incense can spawn Community Day ‘mons, that can be shiny. There is not a reason why you should avoid Incense if you have it.
Don’t forget to enjoy the event
- Chat with your fellow Trainers and grow your local Pokémon Go community. Make good use of the QR code feature to make some new friends!
- Promote the new Pokémon Go features and events to Trainers who are just starting their adventure or haven’t been playing for a while. People are coming back around due to trading, new Pokémon, PvP, the numerous events, and these community-based events.
- Most importantly, have fun, get some shinies, and hope for no game breaking glitches!