With Nintendo E3 and Treehouse directs going down in LA, we have gotten some fresh news about the incoming Nintendo Switch Games Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee! Alongside this, there is an Unown event happening right now at the event, for an undetermined time.
Unown Event at E3
For an ‘unown’ amount of time, the Unown characters of L-E-T-S-G-O-! will be appearing in LA around the Los Angeles’s Convention Center. This is the very first time that we have seen the ! Unown, as both ! and ? have been unreleased until now.
As well, there appears to be increased spawns of Pikachu and Eevee to go with the Unown, so if you are in the LA area and needed that elusive shiny Pikachu or a good Eevee for current or future Eeveelutions, now is a good time to go hunting!
Now for Some Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee News
We finally got some actual gameplay for these new games, and a few different things that we did not know before, were observed. We will go over a few of the more important ones that we noticed!
New Move Sets
Pikachu was shown to learn the move ‘double kick’ during the gameplay of the LGPE demonstration, which is has never been able to learn previously. This could be huge, or it could be nothing, as Pokémon get new moves in games all of the time.
Get Your Mew in LGPE With the Purchase of the Pokeball Plus
When you purchase the Pokeball Plus accessory, which doubles as a control for catching Pokémon in the Let’s Go games as well as functioning as a Pokémon Go +, you will be able to import a Mew into your Let’s Go copies. This does NOT mean that you get another Mew in Pokémon Go, as there has been a lot of confusion surrounding that topic.
The Go Park
We knew a little about Go Park, but now we have more information as to how it will work.
- It replaces the area where the Safari Zone used to be in Pokémon Yellow.
- When you transfer a Pokémon to LGPE, it will leave your Go game, and you get candy for it in Pokémon Go.
- When you talk to a Pokémon in the Go Park, you have the option to catch it. When you catch it, it will join your party. It was stated that Pokémon with a higher CP will be a higher level in Go Park.
- You can send Pokémon from different Pokémon Go games to the same Go Park.
Over the Internet Gameplay
This was a big kicker when the public thought there would be no online features for Pokémon LGPE, but the confusion has been officially lifted! Online gameplay was featured in the demonstration, where you can either connect locally or through the internet to battle and trade! However, instead of using a Friend Code, like in the past, you instead are given a 3-Pokemon code, similar to when you make a private raid battle lobby in Pokémon Go. You communicate your code to the person you wish to connect with, then you are free to play.
- You can transfer Pokémon in LGPE to Professor Oak, and in return you will receive ‘candy’. This is not rare candy or even Pokémon candy as we know it, but Pokémon Enhancing candies, such as the Health Candy, Quick Candy, or Smart Candy, to name a few. You can give these to your Pokémon to enhance their stats.
- There are berries, such as the Razz berry, which can be used to make wild Pokémon easier to catch.
- To replace the ‘ItemFinder’ key item, Pikachu (and we assume Eevee, though it was not shown), while resting on your shoulder, will wag its tail to indicate a hidden item nearby.
- Over-world spawns seem to appear while you are walking and will randomly pop up as you take steps.
- In order to enter Brock’s gym in Pewter City, you had to show gym guide a water or grass type.
- When you catch a Pokémon it is put away in the Pokémon box in your bag, so you can transfer and change your party at will.
- Size of Pokémon are indicated by ‘auras’. If the Pokémon is large, it will have a red aura, and if it is smaller, it will have a blue aura; this aura will determine how much exp you gain from catching it. Larger Pokémon give you more exp, and your whole team shares the exp equally, like with the exp share. Nice, great and excellent throws will also yield you more exp.
- To play with two players, you shake the other controller and the second player will drop in.
And there we have it! Are you excited for these games? Let us know in the comments or join us on Discord to discuss the news!