Ho-Oh is one of the Legendary Raid Bosses in Pokemon GO. This page details best Ho-Oh counters and overall the strategy required to take it down. Ho-Oh is a fire and type and it’s not soloable.
Ho-Oh Raid Boss CP is 48276 and it can have Max Capture CP of 2222 (Level 20, perfect 100% IV).
Ho-Oh Raid Counters
Ho-Oh Raid Counters Explained
Ho-Oh has mostly the same counters like Moltres, as they have the same type combination. However, Ho-Oh has access to Solar Beam, which makes it quite dangerous not to dodge with Rock and Water attackers.
Please, be very careful of Solar Beam Ho-Oh! It’s completely devastating for Rock and Water types, especially to Golem (low HP) and Omastar (double weakness). Think of it in the same way you think about Hydro Pump Lugia. Scary, isn’t it? 👻
Ho-Oh can have the following moves:
- Steel Wing (quick) steel
- Extrasensory (quick) psychic
- Brave Bird (charged)
- Fire Blast (charged) fire
- Solar Beam (charged) grass
Additional Ho-Oh Counters
These Pokemon are weaker than the counters mentioned above, but they are still viable, especially in large raid groups. Do note that these Pokemon are often siting in your inventory forgotten, even though they can perform better than much higher CP Blissey/Snorlax/Exeggutor:
- Aerodactyl with Bite / Ancient Power
- Sudowoodo with Rock Throw/ Stone Edge
- Kabutops with Mud Shot / Ancient Power
- Magneton with Spark / Discharge
- Arcanine with Bite / Wild Charge
Considerably weaker, but still viable counters, mostly used in large groups as throw away attackers:
- Magcargo with Rock Throw/ Stone Edge
- Kingler with Bubble/ Water Pulse
- Slowbro with Water Gun/ Water Pulse
Ho-Oh Catch Chances with various throws and berries
Ho-Oh BCR is 2% as observed in the GAME_MASTER file. The following table shows various throw/berry combos.
Golden Razz Berry