Moltres is one of the Legendary Raid Bosses in Pokemon GO. It is not soloable and it is unknown how many trainers are required to take it down. Moltres is a fire and type, and it’s got a few solid counters.
Moltres Boss CP is 41953 and it can have Max Capture CP of 1870.
Moltres Raid Counters
|Weakness 2x rock
Moltres Raid Counters Explained
Before we go into deeper analysis, remember that Moltres can’t be soloed. Before joining raid make sure you are using your best Pokémon with proper movesets.
Moltres takes Double Super Effective damage from rock type moves, due to its dual fire and type. It also takes Super Effective damage from water and electric type moves.
The best Pokemon to fight Moltres is Golem with Rock Throw / Stone Edge moveset. In addition, Rock and Water type Pokemon take reduced damage from fire type moves, which makes Golem even more attractive. Tyranitar is a solid choice also.
These Pokemon are weaker than the counters mentioned above, but they are still viable, especially in large raid groups:
- Lanturn with Water Gun / Hydro Pump
- Rhydon with Rock Smash / Stone Edge
- Lapras with Water Gun / Hydro Pump
- Aerodactyl with Bite / Ancient Power
- Kabutops with Fury Cutter (legacy) / Ancient Power
- Kingdra with Water Gun / Hydro Pump
Considerably weaker, but still viable counters, mostly used in large groups as throw away attackers:
- Kingler with Bubble/ Water Pulse
- Slowbro with Water Gun/ Water Pulse
- Magcargo with Rock Throw/ Stone Edge
- Sudowoodo with Rock Throw/ Stone Edge