Charizard is one of the strongest Raid bosses available in game so far. It is not easily soloable and it will take at least 2-3 Trainers with high CP and high HP Pokemon that benefit from SE moves against Charizard. Remember that Charizard has a double weakness to rock moves!
Charizard Boss CP is 28485 and it can have Max Capture CP of 1535 (perfect IV).
Best counters for Charizard Raid
|Best attackers||Other options|
|Golem||Rock Throw||Stone Edge
|Vaporeon||Water Gun||Hydro Pump|
|Tyranitar||Bite||Stone Edge||Lanturn||Water Gun||Hydro Pump|
|Omastar||Rock Throw||Rock Slide||Feraligatr||Water Gun||Hydro Pump|
|Rhydon||Rock Smash||Stone Edge||Kabutops||Fury Cutter||Stone Edge|
Charizard Raid Counters Analysis
Charizard takes Double Super Effective damage from rock type Movesets due to its dual fire and type. It also takes Super Effective damage from water and electric type moves.
The best Pokemon to fight Charizard is Golem with Rock Throw / Stone Edge moveset. In general, any Pokémon with Stone Edge is a great fit for fighting Charizard. Also Rock type Pokemon take reduced damage from fire type moves, which makes them last a bit more.
We would highlight two Water Types also: Vaporeon and Lanturn. Both are great, but Lanturn is surprisingly tanky and constantly deals SE damage, while managing to stay alive long enough to deal a lot of damage.
- Lanturn with Water Gun/ Hydro Pump
- Feraligatr with Water Gun/ Hydro Pump
- Lapras with Water Gun/ Hydro Pump
- Aerodactyl with Bite/ Ancient Power
- Kabutops with Fury Cutter (legacy)/ Ancient Power
- Kingdra with Water Gun/ Hydro Pump
Considerably weaker, but still viable counters, mostly used in large groups as throw away attackers:
- Kingler with Bobble/ Hydro Pump
- Slowbro with Water Gun/ Water Pulse
- Magcargo with Rock Throw/ Stone Edge
- Sudowoodo with Rock Throw/ Stone Edge