Snorlax is one of the strongest Raid bosses available in game so far. It is not soloable and it will take at least 4-5 Trainers with high CP and high HP Pokemon that benefit from SE moves against Snorlax. Unfortunately, there are no 2x SE counters to Raid Snorlax, as he’s a normal type.
Snorlax Boss CP is 25419 and it can have Max Capture CP of 1917 and a boosted Max Capture CP of 2396 (Partly Cloudy weather).
Best counters for Snorlax Raid
|Psycho Cut||Focus Blast|
|Dragon Tail||Draco Meteor|
Snorlax Raid Counters Explained
Snorlax can’t be soloed! There is just not enough time, simple as that. Before joining raid make sure you are using Pokémon with proper movesets. Don’t waste your Raid Pass.
Snorlax is a normal type Pokemon and it takes extra damage only from fighting type. rock, ghost and steel type take reduced damage from Normal type attacks, but Normal types take reduced damage from Ghost attacks. That’s why we’re not including any Ghost type moves in this guide.
The best Pokemon to fight Snorlax are Machamp with Counter/ Dynamic Punch or Karate Chop/ Dynamic Punch (surprise, surprise), or Hariyama with Counter / Dynamic Punch.
As far as other options go, they are rather straightforward: we were aiming at Pokémon that deal a large amount of damage, while still being able to survive, hence the few Dragon types on the list. There are is a missing entry we would like to address:
- Heracross is a regional Pokémon and we generally do not include regional Pokémon in our guides if we don’t have too. However, Heracross is the best-non-Machomp counter to Snorlax, so if you have it, use it.
- Gengar with Sucker Punch / Sludge Bomb
- Poliwrath with Rock Smash/ Dynamic Punch
- Ursaring with Counter/ Close Combat
- Golem with Rock Throw / Stone Edge
Considerably weaker, but still viable counters, mostly used in large groups as throw away attackers:
- Primeape with any fighting moveset
- Granbull with Bite/ Close Combat
- Hitmonlee Hitmonchan and Hitmontop with any fighting moveset
- Pinsir with Rock Smash/ Close Combat or Submission