Vaporeon is one of the easiest rank 3 Raid Bosses, but it does require some attention. It is soloable for Trainers over Level 30 with a good offensive setup and enough high CP Pokémon with SE moves. Luckily, by now we should all have good assortment of SE attackers against Vaporeon.
Vaporeon Boss CP is 16696 and it can have Max Capture CP of 1804 (perfect IV).
Best Vaporeon Raid counters
|Best attackers||Other options|
|Exeggutor||Bullet Seed||Solar Beam|
|Venusaur||Vine Whip||Solar Beam||Vileplume||Razor Leaf||Solar Beam|
|Lanturn||Charge Beam||Thunderbolt||Ampharos||Charge Beam||Zap Cannon|
Vaporeon Raid Counters Explained
Much like Blastoise Raid Boss, Vaporeon is a cakewalk if you’re super effective against it. Before joining raid make sure you are using Pokémon with proper movesets. Vaporeon takes Super Effective damage from electric and grass type Movesets, due to its water type.
Without much fuss, anything with Electric moves or Solar Beam is a great choice against Vaporeon. Use Lanturns heavily, as they’re cheap, readily available and have a ton of HP. Jolteon is a phenomenal option also.
- Raichu with Spark/ Wild Charge
- Meganium with Vine Whip/ Solar Beam
- Victreebel with Razor Leaf/ Solar Beam
- Magneton with Spark/ Zap Cannon
- Electabuzz with Thunder Shock/ Thunderbolt
Considerably weaker, but still viable counters, mostly used in large groups as throw away attackers:
- Dragonite with Dragon Breath/ Outrage
- Tangela with Vine Whip/ Solar Beam
- Machamp with Counter/ Dynamic Punch
- Electrode with Spark/ Discharge
Vaporeon Solo Guide
Perfect team to take it down solo is:
- Jolteon with 2300+ CP Thunder Shock/ Thunderbolt
- 2x Exeggutor with 2500+CP Bullet Seed/ Solar Beam
- 2x Venusaur with 2200+CP Razor Leaf/ Solar Beam
- Lanturn with electric moveset
It could take a few attempts, but this is basically it.