Aerodactyl is a Tier 3 Raid Boss in Pokemon GO, with Boss CP of 18678. This page lists best Aerodactyl counters and strategies to solo raid it. Aerodactyl raid counters are heavily based on a variety of Water, Electric and Rock type Pokemon that deal super effective damage and utilize his type weaknesses. Aerodactyl can be solo raided using the same counters as in group raids.
Aerodactyl raid catch CP is as follows:
- 1515 – 1590 perfect IV, no weather Boost
- 1894 – 1988 perfect IV during Windy or Partly Cloudy weather
Aerodactyl can be easily defeated by 2 Trainers and can successfully be soloed due to relatively low defense and variety of available counters. Shiny Aerodactyl is available in raids.
Aerodactyl Raid Counters
You can use the same counters for normal and solo raid attempts. Prioritize Metagross, Kyogre, and Raikou / Zapdos. Feraligatr, Electivire, and Palkia are also very good.
|Weakness Electric Rock Steel Water Ice||Boosted by Windy Partly Cloudy|
Aerodactyl is a relatively easy fight, with very few moves that you should be afraid of. More interestingly, a fair chunk of Aerodactyl counters doesn’t take increased damage from his moves – quite the contrary!
Aerodactyl has access to following moves:
- Steel Wing Steel (fast)
- Bite Dark (fast)
- Hyper Beam Normal (1 bar charged)
- Ancient Power Rock (3 bar charged)
- Iron Head Steel (2 bar charged)
- Rock Slide Rock (2 bar charged)
Kyogre and other Water based counters are a great solid against all move sets, while Raikou, Zapdos, Electivire, and Luxray should be used carefully if pitted against an Ancient Power Aerodactyl. A special note has to be said about Gyarados, who takes SE damage from Ancient Power but is still a very solid option due to having Waterfall.
Ancient Power is not a great move but combined with type advantage and a potential weather boost, it can hurt, especially with dodge glitching out and spotty network coverage.
If you’re planning to use Steel counters, be aware that with the exception of Metagross, they deal significantly less damage than Kyogre and Raikou – good for anchors, but not as great as DPS machines. Tyranitar with Stone Edge is a great filler for any team.
Solo Aerodactyl considerations
- Use Rainy weather to boost the best Aerodactyl counters: Kyogre, Raikou, and Zapdos
- Hyper Beam is a challenging matchup, don’t underestimate it
- Ancient Power fires often and if you’re lagging/dodge glitched, it will hit you
Solo Aerodactyl tips and tricks
- Metagross is the king when it comes to solo raiding Aerodactyl, it’s simply the best counter out there. With 99.175s TTW, it can rip through Aerodactly fairly easily.
- Raiku: 110.225s TTW, Kyogre: 111.575s TTW, and Feraligatr: 111.85s TTW, are also very strong options when attempting to solo Aerodactyl.
- Smack Down Tyrantiar is a strong attacker, but it is strictly worse than Raikou, Kyogre and Zapdos.
- Despite its lack of a Water fast move, Palkia with Hydro Pump is a solid choice.