Kirlia Fairy and Psychic is a Level 2 Raid Boss in Pokemon GO, with 5738 CP which makes it a very easy solo raid. We’ve noticed that a lot of our readers are asking for a Kirlia counters guide, and decided to create this guide despite the raid being easily soloable.
Kirlia can be captured with following CP values:
- 508 – 552 CP without weather boost, level 20 catch
- 635 – 690 CP with Windy or Cloudy weather active, level 25 catch
Kirlia is an amazing raid boss to solo raid, as it gives you access to coveted Ralts candy, a chance to capture a strong male Kirlia (evolves into Gallade in Gen IV) and enables you to farm a solid Gardevoir – a high DPS, low stamina Fairy and Psychic typed attacker.
Kirlia Raid Counters
Most Kirlia counters will die 0 or 1 times in this fight, as simulated at Level 30 with perfect IVs (15 / 15 / 15). Additionally, most counters have under or just around 60 seconds time to win. Easy peasy, right? Here’s the chart:
|Weaknesses: Ghost Poison Steel||Boosted By: Windy Cloudy|
Kirlia fight explained
Kirlia has access to two fast and three charge moves:
- Charge Beam Electric is a terrible Electric-type move that doesn’t benefit Kirlia nor does it threaten anything you will use against it
- Confusion Psychic is a high-damage fast move that is actually the only dangerous aspect of this fight
- Psychic Psychic is a typically predictable 1-bar-charge-move: easy to dodge, deals 120 base damage (STAB!) and can hurt
- Disarming Voice Fairy is a solid 3-bar move that is actually more dangerous than Psychic on paper, but given how raid bosses delay attacks after using a charge move, it actually turns out to be a less threatening option than Psychic
- Shadow Sneak Ghost is essentially a less threatening option than Disarming Voice, therefore, you don’t have anything to worry about
Weather influences and other tidbits
You will defeat Kirlia, there is no question about it – there are videos out there of people defeating it with Level 15 Haunters. Under Cloudy weather, this is one of the best (if not the best) L1-L3 raid you can go for, as Gardevoir is a respectable addition.
Keep all solid Kirlias with IVs above 90%, regardless of their gender:
- Males evolve into Gen IV Gallade
- Females and males will be eligible for an exclusive move during a potential Ralts Community Day!