Palkia is a Tier 5 Legendary Raid Boss in Pokémon GO (54793 Combat Power). Best Palkia counters are strong Dragon-types like Rayquaza, Dragonite, Palkia, Salamence and Latios. Palkia is weak to Dragon and Fairy moves. Palkia is available from January 29 to February 28th at 1:00 PM PST.
Palkia can have the following CP values when caught in a post-raid encounter:
- 2190 – 2280 CP in normal weather conditions
- 2737 – 2850 CP in Windy and Rainy weather for weather boosts.
Palkia could theoretically be duoed by extremely lucky, level 40 teams of Rayquaza and Dragonite with Windy weather and best friend boosts, or similar scenarios with extremely lucky Ultra Friends. There is the possibility of other Pokémon like Palkia, Salamence, and Latios being able to duo, but that highly depends on Palkia’s moveset, weather, and friendship level. Beyond that, realistically 3-5 high-level players can tackle a Palkia, and 6-20 lower level players can handle one.
Palkia Raid Counters
The following Pokémon are considered to be best Palkia raid counters in Pokémon GO.
|WEAKNESS Dragon Fairy||BOOSTED BY Windy Rainy|
Palkia counters infographic
Palkia Moves Analysis
Palkia’s move pool consists of different two Dragon-type fast moves and three differently typed charge moves:
- Draco Meteor is Palkia’s hardest moveset. DM is super effective against all Dragon typed counters and makes the whole fight much harder (like 30% harder). Be very careful against this move, it will wipe you if you’re not careful
- Hydro Pump is almost as dangerous as Draco Meteor. It deals a lot of damage, has STAB and it’s a great move in general, especially when used by a raid boss. Luckily, most counters take neutral or reduced damage from Water attacks
- Fire Blast is Palkia’s easiest charge move, as it deals significantly less damage than Hydro Pump and Draco Meteor, plus it doesn’t have STAB effect.
Tips on countering Draco Meteor Palkia
- When fighting a Draco Meteor Palkia you should expect to faint a lot
- Draco Meteor is a likely one-hit-KO for most Palkia counters
- We recommend a minimum of 4 people
Palkia will be boosted by Rainy and Windy weather while being more vulnerable in Windy and Cloudy weather.
|Sunny||–||Boosts Palkia’s Fire Blast|
|Windy||Allows a Level 25 Encounter from Weather Boost. Boosts Dragon attackers||Boosts Palkia’s Dragon Breath, Dragon Tail, and Draco Meteor|
|Cloudy||Boosts Fairy attackers||–|
|Rainy||Allows a Level 25 Encounter from Weather Boost.||Boosts Palkia’s Hydro Pump|
|#||Pokémon||Fast Move||Charge Move||Time to win||Deaths|
|3.||Salamence||Dragon Tail||Draco Meteor||687.3s||36|
|4.||Palkia||Dragon Tail||Draco Meteor||696.0s||29|
|6.||Latios||Dragon Breath||Dragon Claw||726.0s||35|
|7.||Dialga||Dragon Breath||Draco Meteor||730.0s||43|
|9.||Deoxys||Poison Jab||Dark Pulse||706.4s||61|
|11.||Exeggutor||Dragon Tail||Dragon Pulse||890.5s||61|
|12.||Giratina||Dragon Breath||Dragon Claw||851.5s||31|
|13.||Alakazam||Psycho Cut||Dazzling Gleam||885.9s||55|
|14.||Flygon||Dragon Tail||Dragon Claw||891.7s||52|
|17.||Gardevoir||Charge Beam||Dazzling Gleam||982.1s||56|
|18.||Togekiss||Air Slash||Dazzling Gleam||972.8s||47|
|21.||Roserade||Poison Jab||Dazzling Gleam||933.3s||58|
|22.||Groudon||Dragon Tail||Solar Beam||930.3s||45|
|25.||Banette||Shadow Claw||Dazzling Gleam||988.3s||59|
|28.||Electivire||Thunder Shock||Wild Charge||1001.7s||59|
|31.||Cacturne||Sucker Punch||Grass Knot||996.9s||58|
|32.||Raikou||Thunder Shock||Wild Charge||1033.0s||60|
|33.||Darkrai||Feint Attack||Dark Pulse||1022.1s||66|