Slowbro is a Tier 2 Raid Boss in Pokemon GO, with Boss CP of 11776. Slowbro solo raid counters are based on strong Electric Grass Bug Dark and Ghost type Pokemon.
Slowbro raid catch CP is as follows:
- 1418 (perfect IV, no weather Boost)
- 1773 (perfect IV, Rainy or Windy)
Like all other Tier 2 Raid bosses, Slowbro can be easily soloed and has a wide variety of available counters. The question with Slowbro raid is not whether or not you can do it, but rather should you do it.
Slowbro Solo Raid Counters
|Weakness Electric Grass Bug Dark Ghost||Boosted by Rainy Windy|
Slowbro has access to following moves:
- Confusion Psychic (fast)
- Water Gun Water (fast)
- Psychic Psychic (1 bar charged)
- Ice Beam Ice (2 bar charged)
- Water Pulse Water (2 bar charged)
Electric and Grass counters are our pick in terms of DPS, but if you’re for some reason short on those, it’s OK to go with Bug Dark and Ghost types as well. We would like to share more about Slowbro, but there isn’t much to tell – it’s a T2 fight that you can easily solo, especially under correct weather.
Given Slowbro’s low impact in the Meta, we suggest you skip this raid and save your pass for something more useful. Exeggutor, namely. If you simply must go out and do a Slowbro raid do so during Rainy or Windy conditions so that you will at least get yourself a weather boosted one.
Weather Boost Impact
Generally speaking Rainy or Windy weather boosts should not affect your ability to easily solo Slowbro. However, should you find yourself in need of some more good counters (or just want to show your might using lesser mons) here are some more pokemon that combined with the proper weather boost will lay down some hurt.
During Rainy conditions you should always lead with Raikou, Zapdos, & Jolteon. The following Electric and Bug types are also viable options.
- Scizor with Fury Cutter / X-Scissor
- Pinsir with Bug Bite / X-Scissor
- Magneton with Thunder Shock / Discharge
- Manectric with Charge Beam / Wild Charge
- Arcanine with Snarl / Wild Charge
- Ampharos with Charge Beam / Zap Cannon
- Kyogre with Waterfall / Thunder
- Heracross with Struggle Bug / Megahorn
- Raichu with Spark / Wild Charge
During Windy condition you should always lead with Mewtwo, Tyranitar, Raikou and Zapdos. The following Dragon types are also viable options.
- Rayquaza with Dragon Tail / Outrage
- Salamence with Dragon Tail / Draco Meteor
- Dragonite with Dragon Tail / Outrage
- Groudon with Dragon Tail / Solar Beam