Trainers, today we have an incredible piece of news to report. John Hanke, Niantic’s CEO, has shared a flight with Doctor PoGo, a four times Level 40 trainer associated with the Level 40 Verified FB group, but that’s not the only thing Hanke shared! During their flight, Hanke shared a lot about the future of Pokémon GO.
PLEASE: Manage your hype responsibly, and stay tuned for more information that will be shared through out this week.
Hanke talked about some features that are currently in the works, but shared no time table:
- Generation 4 and a new PvP system are being worked on, with no release schedule to share or any specific details.
- There’s “something” being done about Maps to make it more raid friendly, no specific details shared there
- Level Cap WILL be increased, to which level is also unknown as of the time of this publication
But that’s not the end of it, as in their conversation, Hanke confirmed the following:
- PokéStop submissions are coming, as hinted by multiple recent APK teardowns. You can read more about what we found here: Pokemon GO 0.95.3 update APK mine: Poke Stop submissions, new moves, Spinda, quest hints and more
- Pokémon GO Fest 2.0 is in the works, as leaked in the “German rumor” incident. More info here: Niantic Allegedly Plans to Host a Big Event in Dortmund, Germany This Summer
- Niantic is indeed taking actions against spoofing, the recent ban wave was not a mistake in any fashion
We’d ask Doctor PoGO to verify himself, but that’s really not necessary given that he posted the following on his Twitter channel yesterday:
— Dr PoGo V40🌎 TL40x12 – Bidoof Master (@PokemonDoctorYT) April 26, 2018
So guess who I ran into again on the plane.
— Dr PoGo V40🌎 TL40x12 – Bidoof Master (@PokemonDoctorYT) April 28, 2018
A huge shoutout goes out to Reversal for sharing this info with the world. Reversal is a prominent Level 40 player and one of the most vocal voices of the Pokémon GO’s Youtube community: