Trainers, Kyogre is feature complete and ready for release! Earlier today Chrales (a data miner from the PoGODev discord channel) shared that Kyogre’s 2D normal and shiny sprites are now in the game, filling the last requirement for its release.
For your viewing pleasure:
With this addition, Kyogre is ready to be released at any given moment. However, we are not expecting Kyogre before Groudon raids have finished — last time Kyogre and Groudon were awake at the same time, it did not end well, did it? <a mysterious link appears>
Groudon is available until 1:00 p.m. PST on January 15, 2018.
Existing Kyogre info
Kyogre release has been slowly teased for a while now, so the amount of information we have on Kyogre is substantial:
- Kyogre will feature only one quick move: Waterfall Water. Before January 5th 2018, Kyogre had access to Dragon Tail Dragon as its second quick move, but Niantic decided to remove it, nerfing Kyogre’s potential as a Dragon counter.
- Kyogre’s entire movepool is quite interesting, featuring multiple type options and having only 1 bar charge moves:
- Waterfall Water (fast)
- Hydro Pump Water (1 bar, charged)
- Blizzard Ice (1 bar, charged)
- Thunder Electric (1 bar, charged)
- Kyogre capture encounters are going to be around the same difficulty as Groudon, however, Kyogre is closer than Groudon:
- Kyogre’s camera distance is 6, while Groudon’s is 7
- 2% Base Capture Rate
- performs action (jump/attack) in 0.2 to 1.6 second intervals
- dodges (jumps) last for 1 second
In terms of expected performance, Kyogre will be the strongest Water type up to date, topping both Gyarados, Vaporeon and Milotic. We can’t emphasize its importance enough — be sure to get a good Kyogre while you can, especially if you missed out on previous legendaries.
We also have a ton of reading for understanding and countering Kyogre:
- Kyogre Raid Boss Guide — the little black book of countering Kyogre, perfect for sharing on the interwebs
- Kyogre family guide — general overview, a good read for those lazy afternoons
- Analysis and ranking of the new Generation III Water and Ice Types — a more in depth look on Kyogre in the meta