Trainers, Niantic has announced yet another Safari Zone, this time finding its home in Sentosa, an island off Singapore known for being a beautiful resort with plenty of fun activities to do.
Safari Zone Sentosa is a five-day long event taking place in Sentosa, Singapore from April 18th to April 22nd, 2019. Featured Pokémon include, based on the cover image, the regional Tropius, the usual Unown, Lapras, Shuckle, Dratini, and Alolan Exeggutor.
Updated to include information found from the Sentosa official website, and to link to the registration page.
|Start date||Apr. 18, 2019 (Thursday)|
|End date||Apr. 22 2019 (Monday)|
|Registration required?||Yes (Registration is was between the 5th of March until 23:59 (11:59 p.m.) on the 7th of March 2019)|
|Featured regional Pokemon||Tropius|
|Featured Pokemon||Unown Lapras Shuckle Dratini Exeggutor (Alola)|
|Official websites||Pokémon Go Live and SafariZone Sentosa|
As is usual with other Safari Zone events, there is no officially confirmed word on if there will be a shiny coming out with this Safari Zone, nor which one of the featured Pokémon it will be. That being said, Sentosa’s website says that Shiny Shuckle will be the new shiny to come about, which makes sense when you consider Alolan Exeggutor just fits with the tropical theme, and Lapras is a commonly boosted rare spawn.
Update: On April 17th Shiny Shuckle was seen in Singapore at Safari Zone Sentosa where Shuckle spawns increased for approximately 30 minutes.
Safari Zone Sentosa FAQ
About event tickets
Tickets are now available for registration, and will be used for entry to the event. These tickets have the following qualities:
- Are limited to one day and for one trainer, although up to 3 people can register as a group.
- Are required to see the event spawns, in this case regionals like Tropius, and Pokéstops
Keep in mind trainers, that this is a selection based event, so you may or may not get a ticket even if you register in time. You will get an email confirmation if you do on the 11th of March, so be on the lookout.
How to register
- Step 1: Register at the prior link, between the 5th and 7th of March for any preferred day.
- Step 2: Those that are accepted will get an email on the 11th of March to notify them, and another email later on with the QR Code ticket.
- Step 3: Print the QR code.
- Step 4: Spin the event PokéStops titled Resorts World Sentosa or Palawan Green, and then scan your QR code.
- Step 5: You are done now, explore the island to search for the regionals and possible shiny Pokémon, as well as make sure to use any of the preferred modes of transport.
For folks without tickets
If you did not receive a ticket to the Pokémon GO Safari Zone in Sentosa, don’t worry too much, as while you may miss out on some spawns and exclusive PokéStops of the event, the overall area will see a change in spawns and will be a good event even for those outside the location. Additionally, worldwide spawns, for past Safari Zone events, typically have added in a shiny possible Pokémon, such as Psyduck, Wingull, Roselia, Plusle, and Minun, and it seems this will be the case for Shuckle. So, for those in other parts of the world keep an eye out!