Articuno is one of the Legendary Raid Bosses in Pokemon GO. It is not soloable and it is unknown how many trainers are required to take it down. Articuno is a ice and type and it’s got a number of solid counters.
Articuno Boss CP is 37603 and it can have Max Capture CP of 1676.
Articuno Raid Counters
|Weakness 2 x rock
Articuno Raid Counters Explained
Before we go into deeper analysis, remember that Articuno can’t be soloed. Before joining the raid make sure you are using Pokémon with proper movesets.
Articuno takes Double Super Effective damage from Super rock and Super Effective damage from fire steel and electric type moves due to its dual ice and type.
The best Pokemon to fight Articuno is Omastar with Rock Throw/ Rock Slide moveset. Don’t use Golem.
In addition, other steel, ice, water and fire type Pokemon are interesting as they take reduced damage from ice type moves.
These Pokemon are weaker than the counters mentioned above, but they are still viable, especially in large raid groups:
- Lanturn with Charge Beam/ Thunderbolt
- Charizard with Fire Spin/ Overheat
- Typhlosion with Ember/ Overheat
- Kabutops with Rock Smash/ Ancient Power
- Aerodactyl with Bite/ Ancient Power
- Houndoom with Fire Fang/ Fire Blast
Considerably weaker, but still viable counters, mostly used in large groups as throw away attackers:
- Steelix with Iron Tail/ Heavy Slam
- Magcargo with Rock Throw/ Stone Edge
- Sudowoodo with Rock Throw/ Stone Edge
- Jolteon with Thunder Shock/ Thunderbolt
- Magneton with Thunder Shock/ Zap Cannon
- Ampharos with Charge Beam/ Zap Cannon