Lugia is one of the Legendary Raid Bosses in Pokemon GO. It is not soloable and it is unknown how many trainers are required to take it down. Lugia is a psychic and type, and it’s got a few very strong counters.
Lugia Boss CP is 42753 CP and it can have Max Capture CP of 2056.
Lugia Raid Counters
Lugia Raid Counters Explained
Before we go into deeper analysis, remember that Lugia can’t be soloed. Before joining raid make sure you are using Pokémon with proper movesets.
Lugia takes Super Effective damage from electric, dark, ice, ghost and rock type moves, due to its dual psychic and type. The best Pokemon to fight Lugia is Tyranitar with Bite/ Stone Edge moveset.
Be aware that a Lugia with Hydro Pump will destroy any Pokémon that is weak to Water. Don’t underestimate this, as a HP Lugia counters most of her own counters.
In addition, all steel and psychic type Pokemon take reduced damage from psychic type moves.
Also steel, rock and electric type take reduced damage from type moves, so keep that in mind.
These Pokemon are weaker than the counters mentioned above, but they are still viable, especially in large raid groups:
- Steelix with Iron Tail/ Crunch
- Jynx with Frost Breath/ Avalanche
- Slowbro with Water Gun/ Ice Beam
- Slowking with Water Gun/ Blizzard
- Umbreon with Snarl/ Foul Play
- Houndoom with Snarl/ Foul Play
Considerably weaker, but still viable counters, mostly used in large groups as throw away attackers:
- Ampharos with Charge Beam/ Zap Cannon
- Magcargo with Rock Throw/ Stone Edge
- Sudowoodo with Rock Throw/ Stone Edge
- Granbull with Snarl/ Crunch
- Lantur with Charge Beam/ Thunderbolt
- Kabutops with Rock Smash/ Ancient Power