Mewtwo raid is a Tier 5 Raid Boss in Pokemon GO, with a boss CP of 60540, 18750 HP and 5 different charge moves.
Mewtwo can be caught with the following CP values:
- 2184 – 2275 CP (no weather boost, 100% Mewtwo at Level 20)
- 2730 – 2844 CP (windy weather, 100% IV Mewtwo at Level 25)
Mewtwo is a pure Psychic type and it’s weak to Dark, Bug and Ghost type attacks. Mewtwo can be raided with a minimum of three players with well picked counters, and gets progressively easier with the number of players.
Best Mewtwo Raid Counters
|Weakness Dark Bug Ghost||Boosted by Windy|
The best Pokemon to fight almost every Mewtwo charge move (with the exception of Focus Blast) is Tyranitar with incredibly strong Dark type moves, resistance to Psychic and elite stats.
If Mewtwo has Focus Blast Fighting (140 power) as it’s charge move, Tyranitar is a bad option as it will be One-hit-KO-ed, or in simpler terms, it will die immediately. We recommend using Gengar or another Mewtwo in those scenarios.
Mewtwo counters analysis
- Tyranitar is currently the strongest Dark-type attacker in game, and as such, it’s a great counter versus any Mewtwo except for a Focus Blast Mewtwo.
- Mewtwo is the strongest generalist in game and is also SE over another Mewtwo. In truth, Mewtwo will deal more damage than a Tyranitar, but we demoted it to second place due to it’s rarity and due to the fact it’s best move set is now legacy move set (Shadow Ball).
- Gengar is a super high DPS glass cannon that won’t last long, but will deal a lot of damage. It’s all about damage with Gengar – don’t dodge, just tap and weave to maximize TDO
- Rayquaza is an amazing generalist that deals neutral Dragon damage and performs even better during Windy weather. Unsurprisingly, Ray Ray is not an option against Ice Beam
- Houndoom is the second best Dark type in the game, very high DPS, second only to Gengar, but too still very squishy. Your perfect Dark glass cannon.
- Scizor and Pinsir are your “rejoin team” options, but they do deal SE damage and are quite useful in larger groups
Analysis of Mewtwo move sets
According to our simulator and actual player reports, Mewtwo’s most difficult moveset is Focus Blast if you’re Tyranitar heavy. Although Focus Blast doesn’t benefit from STAB, Mewtwo’s damage output is so high that it will OHKO almost every counter that’s weak to Fighting-type attacks.
Mewtwo can have the following moves as a Tier 5 raid boss:
- Ice Beam Ice
- Thunderbolt Electric
- Flamethrower Fire
- Focus Blast Fighting – deadly for Tyranitar, difficult for everything else
Mewtwo can no longer have these two moves:
- Hyper Beam Normal – difficult for non-Tyranitar, challenging for Tyranitar
- Shadow Ball Ghost – two bar, high DPS, but most counters take reduced damage
A mini guide to Mewtwo trio
- When attempting a Mewtwo trio, always use move set optimized counters
- The minimum level of your Pokemon should be level 30
- Windy weather can make things much more difficult for you
- Fog will make things much easier for you
- Focus Blast remains the most difficult move set to counter
- If you’re not afraid of rejoining, stack your front line with Shadow Claw Gengars
Mewtwo weather considerations
Helpful weather: Rainy and Fog
- Rainy => Bug counters do extra damage
- Fog => Dark counters do extra damage
Harmful weather: Cloudy, Partly Cloudy, Rainy, Sunny, Snow
- Cloudy will boost M2’s Focus Blast and none of it’s counters’ moves
- Sunny boosts Mewtwo’s Flamethrower making it quite deadly
Mewtwo Raid IV and CP Chart