Lapras is Tier 4 Raid Boss in Pokemon GO, with a Boss CP of 23476. Best Lapras counters are strong Fighting and Electric types like Machamp, Electivire, Magnezone and Raikou.
Lapras can be caught in the following CP ranges:
- 1435 – 1509 CP (L20, no weather boost)
- 1794 – 1886 CP (L25, Rainy and Snow weather)
Lapras is by no means soloable, and the minimum recommended group size is 3 or 4 people. Keep in mind that even though Lapras has the lowest CP of all Tier 4 Raid Bosses, its tankiness and typing will make it a good defender and taking it down won’t be an easy job.
Best Attackers Against Lapras
|Boosted By: Snow
Lapras is a Water and Ice type Pokémon. Therefore, it is weak to electric, grass, fighting and rock.
The best attackers to fight Lapras are Machamp, Hariyama and electric type attackers with great DPS output such as Raikou, Magnezone, Electivire, and Zapdos. Other potential options include Heracross Poliwrath with double fighting type moves (Rock Smash/Dynamic Punch) and Lanturn with double electric type attacks, but they are way below in terms of viability with respect to the three mentioned at the beginning.
- Jolteon with Thunder Shock / Thunderbolt
- Meganium with Vine Whip / Frenzy Plant
- Breloom with Counter / Dynamic Punch
- Gallade with Low Kick / Leaf Blade
- Exeggutor with Bullet Seed / Solar Beam
- Latios with Dragon Breath / Solar Beam
- Porygon-Z with Charge Beam / Solar Beam
- Poliwrath with Rock Smash / Dynamic Punch
- Sceptile with Bullet Seed / Leaf Blade
- Groudon with Mud Shop / Solar Beam
Lapras is considered as an ultra-rare Pokémon. Encountering it in the wild can be really difficult, and it was one of the most difficult Pokémon to hatch from 10 km eggs. It is a great gym defending option to consider, due to its typing and available ice type movesets. If you see a Lapras Raid Boss, you should consider giving it a try.
A Lapras with Frost Breath/Blizzard or Frost Breath/Ice Beam destroys Dragonites, which are still present in some gyms and could be included in potential future Raid Boss rotations.
Catching a Lapras can be extremely difficult. Its catch percentage went down from 20 to 5% in the latest GAME_MASTER change, which makes it very challenging to catch one. Even after using a Golden Razz Berry, its circle will still show up red, so aiming carefully is almost mandatory in order to catch it.