Nidoqueen is a Tier 4 Raid Boss in Pokemon GO, with Boss CP of 25364 and Max Capture CP of 1421 (Level 20, perfect IV score) or 1777 (Level 25, weather boosted perfect IV score). This page details best Nidoqueen Raid Counters and guides you between her angry Bites.
Nidoqueen is not soloable and it requires at least 2-3 Trainers in order to take it down. Nidoqueen is a Poison Ground type, with weaknesses to Water, Psychic, Ice and Ground moves. Nidoqueen has no double weaknesses.
Nidoqueen Raid Counters
Nidoqueen (and Nidoking) counters are generally same, centering around strong psychic and water attackers. Although Nidoqueen has access to Bite dark quick move (SE over Psychic), it doesn’t present enough threat to change any of the counters.
Alakazam will still be a “glass cannon“, but it will get the job done, especially in larger groups. If your group is smaller, be sure to stick with the bulkier options, especially Lugia and Vaporeon.
Unlike Nidoking, Nidoqueen doesn’t have access to Megahorn. In other words, the Queen doesn’t have any moves that can be SE over her counters, making her super easy to raid and defeat.
Nidoqueen has access to following moves:
- Poison Jab poison (quick)
- Bite dark (quick)
- Sludge Wave poison (charged, one bar)
- Stone Edge rock (charged, one bar)
- Earthquake ground (charged, one bar)
Additional Nidoqueen Counters
Again, similar to Nidoking, Nidoqueen can be countered with several weaker options and we believe this will often be the case. Without further ado:
- Blastoise with Water Gun / Hydro Cannon
- Rhyperior with Mud Slap / Surf
- Gallade with Confusion / Psychic
- Salamence with Dragon Tail / Hydro Pump
- Jynx with Frost Breath / Avalanche
- Omastar with Water Gun / Hydro Pump