August Community Day features Froakie, the Bubble Frog Pokémon! On August 13, 2023, from 2pm to 5pm local time Froakie will appear more frequently in the wild, and lucky Trainers may encounter a shiny Froakie. Frogadier evolved during the event will know the Charged Attack Hydro Cannon Water.
This is a Community Day that you do not want to miss! We have three articles connected to Froakie Community Day:
- Community Day Greninja with Hydro Cannon as a Raid Attacker
- Community Day Greninja and the FASTEST Hydro Cannon in PvP!
- Frogadier Community Day Raid Guide
Froakie Community Day Overview
*While most bonuses are only active during the three-hour event period, these bonuses will be active from 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time.
Froakie will appear more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you may find a Shiny one! Froakie is a Water type Pokémon with a max CP of 1122, 122 ATK, 84 DEF and 121 STA. Froakie is boosted by Rainy weather.
Froakie evolves into Frogadier, and then into Greninja. 125 Candy is needed in total.
Shiny Froakie, Frogadier and Greninja
Froakie IV CP Chart
Greninja can earn a new exclusive move during this event – Hydro Cannon. Keep an eye out for our PVP analysis.Greninja
Frogadier evolved during the event, or up to five hours afterward to get a Greninja that knows the Changed Attack Hydro Cannon.
- Trainer Battles: 80 power
- Gyms and raids: 90 power
Starting with the event and continuing afterwards, Greninja will be able to learn the Fast Attack Water Shuriken.
- Trainer Battles: 6 power
- Gyms and raids: 10 power
Frogadier will appear in four-star raids! After the three-hour Community Day event ends, Trainers will be able to take on unique four-star Raid Battles. Claiming victory in one of these raids will cause more Froakie to appear around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes! Defeat Frogadier using our special tier 4 raid guide coming soon.
Bonus for completing four-star Raid Battles
Once you successfully complete a four-star Raid Battle against Frogadier, Froakie will appear around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one (*)!
*Froakie that appear under these circumstances will have the same chance of appearing as a Shiny Pokémon as those that appear during August’s Community Day’s three-hour event period.
Community Day Special Research story – A Bubbly Disposition
- For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Froakie Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, A Bubbly Disposition.
- Stay tuned for when tickets for the Special Research story go live.
- Don’t forget: you’re now able to purchase and gift tickets to any of your friends that you’ve achieved a Friendship level of Great Friends or higher with.* To gift a ticket, tap the Special Research ticket in the in-game shop, then tap the Gift button instead of the Buy button.
August Community Day-themed Field Research will be available! Catch Froakie to earn rewards such as additional Froakie encounters, Stardust, Ultra Balls, and more!
You’ll be able to get event-themed stickers by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and purchasing them from the in-game shop.
Froakie Community Day is an old-school, grind-friendly, type of event, that features 3x Stardust and 2x Candy from catching Pokémon. Your most important item is a Star Piece. Also stock up with Pinap Berries to collect more Froakie candy along the way, be sure to have Star Piece and Lucky Egg on for the entire duration, and make the most of this bonus.
- 6× Star Piece
- 100× Pinap Berry
- 6× Lucky Egg
Of course, Lure-up as many PokéStops as you can along your play route, and pop an Incense if you are experiencing spawn down time.
Beneficial Mega Evolutions
Try to get a Water Mega Pokémon to at least high level, or even Max level to enjoy the bonuses that having that Pokémon mega evolved during the event can give you. Be sure to Mega Evolve for extra Candy from catches.
Evolve one of these for same type Mega bonuses:
- 1 Bonus Catch Candy
- 1 Bonus Catch Candy *
- 50 Bonus Catch XP *
- 10% Boost to XL Candy Chance *
- 2 Bonus Catch Candy *
- 100 Bonus Catch XP *
- 25% Boost to XL Candy Chance *
(*) Note: The catch candy and catch XP bonuses only apply to Pokémon caught of the same type as your mega-evolved Pokémon.
Don’t catch Pokémon before the event starts
Pokémon you have not caught before the event start can turn into Froakie, which means it is best to arrive at your spot early, and wait to catch it until the event starts.
Restart the app before the event
Be patient – there will always be errors and bugs at the start of the event. It is best to restart the app in most, if not all, cases.
Don’t forget to spin PokéStops
Remember PokéStops give out quests that are very beneficial on Community Day, giving you rewards for Stardust, Great and Ultra Balls, and Pinap Berries, all things that can help you if your stocks are low.
Don’t activate lures before the event starts
To ensure that you have Lures up the entire duration, do not set your lures before the start of the event, as those will only last 30 minutes. The Lure has to go up after the event has started to last for three hours. Not to mention it will block the boosted CD spawns from spawning until it has depleted.
Use Incense to attract even more Pokémon to you while you’re out hunting. If you are wondering, yes, Incense can spawn Community Day ‘mons, that can be shiny. There is no reason why you should avoid Incense if you have it.
Don’t forget to enjoy the event
- Chat with your fellow Trainers and grow your local Pokémon Go community. Make good use of the QR code feature to make some new friends!
- Promote the new Pokémon Go features and events to Trainers who are just starting their adventure or haven’t been playing for a while. People are coming back around due to trading, new Pokémon, PvP, the numerous events, and these community-based events.
- Most importantly, have fun, get some shinies, and hope for no game-breaking glitches!