Pinsir is a Tier 3 Raid Boss in Pokemon GO, with Boss CP of 21306. Pinsir is a Bug type Pokemon, and takes extra damage from Fire and Rock type attacks.
Pinsir raid catch CP is as follows:
- 1613 – 1690 (no weather Boost)
- 2016 – 2113 (Rainy Boost)
Pinsir can be easily defeated by 2 Trainers and can be soloed due to relatively low defense, low HP and some great counters with excellent DPS.
Pinsir Raid Counters
|Weakness Fire Rock||Boosted by Rainy|
Pinsir has access to following moves:
- Bug Bite Bug (fast)
- Rock Smash Fighting (fast)
- Close Combat Fighting (1 bar charged)
- X Scissor Bug (3 bar charged)
- Vice Grip Normal (3 bar charged)
When trying to pick counters for Pinsir keep in mind that Fighting type moves will deal super effective damage to Rock and Dark type Pokemon. Also, be very careful if you’re planning on using Tyranitar as it will take super effective damage from Bug type moves and double super effective damage from Fighting type moves.
Pinsir is boosted by Rainy weather and you should avoid that one if you’re trying to solo it. But with two or more trainers Rainy weather is a great opportunity to catch Pinsir at level 25.
If you trying to solo the raid you should be looking for Sunny weather where your Fire type attacks will get boosted or Windy weather where you’ll have boosted type moves.
Cloudy weather will boost Fighting type attacks that Pinsir can have so you have to watch out for that and Partly Cloudy will boost your Rock type Pokemon you might use.
Additional Pinsir Counters
- Mega Houndoom with Fire Fang/Fire Blast
- Victini with Quick Attack/V-create
- Tyranitar with Smack Down/Stone Edge
- Terrakion with Smack Down/Rock Slide
- Rampardos with Smack Down/Rock Slide
- Blaziken with Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Rhyperior with Smack Down/Rock Wrecker
- Heatran with Fire Spin/Flamethrower