UPDATE – Maintenance will be instead by conducted from 1:00 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. UTC on Friday, August 25th.
A new update is coming to Pokémon Sleep, which requires a period of maintenance on the game, during which it will be unavailable.
In order to update the Pokémon Sleep app, maintenance will be conducted on Thursday, August 24th from 1:00 – 5:30 a.m. UTC. As a result of this, how your sleep tracking research works will vary:
- If you begin tracking your sleep before maintenance begins, you will be able to conduct your sleep research as usual.
- If you begin your sleep tracking during maintenance and only record one session of data, you will be able to conduct your sleep research as usual.
- If you record two or more sessions, they will be combined into a speed review, and all the sleep research including snack time will be conducted automatically.
Improvements After Maintenance – Game Contents
The following improvements will be coming to the game once the maintenance is complete:
- The Good Sleep Event will be added to the game ready for Wednesday, August 30th. We’ll share more information about this event as soon as we have it!
- The conditions for meeting your set ‘bedtime’ will be broadened so it is easier to meet the requirements. Players will be able to meet their ‘bedtime’ by starting sleep tracking up to 90 minutes before their ‘bedtime’, and 30 minutes after their ‘bedtime’
- Night mode will be added for the loading screen
- Four levels of graphic quality settings will be added. These will be divided more finely than before, with the aim of decreasing battery usage, and increasing general performance
- Adjustments will be made to the Research Community, so that a player is returned to the same scroll location when they have looked at a friend’s research and have then returned to the Research Community screen
- The amount of data a new player needs to download when they initially register has been decreased
- A new notification has been added to the home screen that will notify a player when the effect of the Good Camp Ticket has been used up
Improvements After Maintenance – Sleep Tracking
The following improvements will be coming to the sleep tracker once the maintenance is complete:
- Adjustments will be made so that players can conduct sleep tracking research even when damage to sleep data causes their sleep tracking to fail
- Addresses an issue that causes sleep duration measurements to be significantly shorter when the Slumbering Mode was not detected during sleep tracking
- Further optimisation of power use during sleep
The following bugs will be fixed during the downtime:
- Players being able to use three Bonus Biscuits for two days after manually entering their sleep
- Players being unable to edit their teams on some devices
- News notifications popping up in the main menu when news was pushed for other languages
- The app slowing down and force quitting when going to the Research Community Screen
- The Weekly Summary graph being displayed darkly in some cases
- The dates on the Sleep Points Earned list being displayed incorrectly in some cases
- The average daily sleep duration by day on the sleep stats screen being shorter when there was at least one day with two sleep entries
- The ‘friend limit reached’ message appearing and stopping players from adding a friend who previously had 50 friends, and had removed one to add someone else
- The amount of Energy recovered not updating when an Energy Pillow is used
- Adjustments so that when a Pokémon’s energy exceeds 100 after using an Energy Pillow, the pop up will show the correct value over 100
- The app being unable to proceed when a player navigates to another screen before Snorlax has been shown eating
- Long transition time to the Pokémon detail screen if there were many Pokémon in the Pokémon box
- Daily Sleep Report popping up over the main menu when players manually entered sleep
- App being unable to proceed if Snorlax’s score increased as a player navigated to the sleep tracking screen
- UI to be updated so only allow one Sub Skill Seed to be used as a time as a bug caused only one Sub Skill Seed to be consumed when using multiple
- Sorting Pokémon by sleep type not working in list when using items
- App being unable to proceed after the evolution animation
- App unable to proceed if a player tapped a Pokémon immediately after the Master Biscuit tutorial ended
- App unable to proceed if a player pressed and held a team slot in the edit team screen to see a Pokémon’s details, but then tapped another slot before the screen transitioned
- Display error when auto cook and choose a recipe buttons pressed simultaneously
- App force quitting when pairing with a Pokemon GO Plus+ and turning Bluetooth on