Looking to evolve your Eevee in Pokémon GO, but not sure how? Our comprehensive Eevee Evolution Guide has got you covered! Learn the best methods and strategies to evolve Eevee into all its possible evolutions, including Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon and Sylveon.
This page contains Eevee nicknames, regular evolution methods, and an easy to follow guide to completing your eevee-dex.
How to get every Eevee evolution in Pokémon GO
Here’s a quick overview on how to evolve all Eevee Forms in Pokémon GO. In order to get all Eevee forms, you will have to target each evolution separately and do some preplanning. Each form has also a corresponding naming trick you can use, and those are available as a separate table below.
|Evolve under a Mossy Lure
|Evolve under a Glacial Lure
|Earning 70 Hearts with Eevee as your Buddy
Eevee evolution nicknames
Similar to the anime and main series games, there is a special method in Pokémon GO to evolve Eevee into any desired evolution form, also called Eevolution as a blending of Pokémon’s name and the word evolution.
The trick is accomplished by giving Eevee a specific nickname before evolving it. This guide contains a list of all Eevee evolution names, and also a detailed overview on how to regularly evolve Eevee into a desired form.
- You can name your Eevee’s using the nicknames from the table below, spend 25 candy to evolve, and you have a guaranteed Eeveelution.
- This trick works only once per evolution, so be sure you are using it for a particularly good Eevee and their evolution counterpart.
- Once you’ve used the Eevee naming trick for a particular eeveelution, you will have to evolve using regular in-game mechanisms, which are listed throughout this article.
Note that the name trick can be used only once per each evolution, so it is highly recommended that you thoroughly plan before doing so. This applies to all available eevolutions currently in the game.
How to evolve Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon in Pokémon GO
Getting Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon is easy – these forms do not require any special conditions to obtain, and are rewarded as random evolutions. Each time when you evolve an Eevee from your Pokémon Storage, the game will check whether or not any other form can be evolved into, and if not, that Eevee will evolve into Vaporeon, Jolteon, or Flareon.
Evolving an Eevee will always produce either Vaporeon, Jolteon or Flareon at random if none of the evolution conditions for other Eevee forms have been met. It costs 25 Candy and it does not matter whether the naming trick has already been used or not.
You can also use the Eevee naming trick to get one of these Pokémon.
How to evolve Espeon and Umbreon in Pokémon GO
You can evolve Espeon and Umbreon by using the Eevee name trick (Sakura for Espeon, Tamao for Umbreon) or by walking 10 KMs with your Eevee, and evolving it during a specific time of day. As you might imagine, Espeon likes daylight, and Umbreon and likes night-time.
Use Day and Night to evolve Espeon and Umbreon
In order to get Espeon and Umbreon do the following steps with your Eevee:
- Set the Eevee you wish to evolve as your Buddy
- Walk at least 10 km with Eevee and earn 2 Eevee Candies with your Buddy
- Evolve the Eevee while it’s your Buddy
- Evolving an Eevee during day time will give you Espeon
- Evolving an Eevee during night time will give you Umbreon
Eevee must be set as a buddy before the evolution. After making sure all criteria are met, evolving during the day will get the trainer a Psychic type Espeon, while Dark type Umbreon will make its appearance at night time in the Pokémon GO app.
Since the day and night are determined by local time, the GPS signal is also required otherwise the evolution will be random. None of the Pokémon that require a special item or task to evolve spawn in the wild, including both Espeon and Umbreon.
This evolution method can be used repeatedly, and it is the only way to obtain one of these Pokémonn.
How to evolve Leafeon and Glaceon in Pokémon GO
You can get Leafeon and Glaceon by using the Eevee names method (Linnea for Leafeon, Rea for Glaceon), or by evolving your Eevee under a specific Lure:
- Evolve under a Mossy Lure to get Leafeon
- Evolve under a Glacial Lure to get Glaceon
How to evolve Sylveon in Pokémon GO?
You can get Sylveon by using 25 Candies and earning 70 Hearts when Eevee is your buddy Pokémon. If you have enough Candy and Hearts acquired, a silhouette of Sylveon will show up.
We hope you enjoyed our comprehensive guide to evolving Eevee in Pokémon GO, outlining methods for each specific evolution. Here’s a quick summary:
- Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Flareon are random evolutions, with no special conditions required. An Eevee will evolve into one of these forms if none of the conditions for other evolutions have been met. Each evolution costs 25 Candy.
- Espeon and Umbreon can be obtained by walking 10km with Eevee as your buddy and evolving it during the day (for Espeon) or night (for Umbreon). This is determined by local time, and GPS signal is required.
- Leafeon and Glaceon are obtained by evolving your Eevee under a Mossy Lure (for Leafeon) and a Glacial Lure (for Glaceon).
- Sylveon can be obtained by earning 70 Hearts with Eevee as your buddy Pokémon and spending 25 Candy.
- The naming trick, which involves giving Eevee a specific nickname before evolving it, can also be used. The specific names are Rainer for Vaporeon, Sparky for Jolteon, Pyro for Flareon, Sakura for Espeon, Tamao for Umbreon, Linnea for Leafeon, Rea for Glaceon, and Kira for Sylveon. However, this trick can only be used once for each evolution.
- For maximum effectiveness, players are advised to plan thoroughly before performing these evolutions.