Regice is a Level 5 Legendary Raid boss in Pokémon GO, with 42768 Raid Boss CP and pure Ice typing. Regice raid counters are mostly strong Fire Pokemon that its Fire weakness. Despite Regice’s high defense, it is an easy boss fight.
Regice max capture combat power is as follows:
- 1784 CP (No weather boost, L20, 100% IV)
- 2230 CP (Snow weather boost, L25, 100% IV)
In this guide, you will learn which counters are best suited against the Legendary Pokémon Regice. To take down Regice, as long as you prepare well using this guide, should be able to go down with around 6 trainers, or at minimum 4 players.
Regice Raid Counters
Looking for the finest selection of Regice Raid counters on the internet? Look no further Trainer, you’re in the right place. Now bring out those Fire types and let’s melt some ice!
|Weakness Fire Rock
|Boosted by Snow|
While picking counters, we tried our best to pick counters that deal a large amount of damage and take reduced damage from Regice’s moves. Regice has access to the following moves:
- Rock Smash Fighting (quick)
- Frost Breath Ice (quick)
- Focus Blast Fighting (charged, 1 bar)
- Blizzard Ice (charged, 1 bar)
- Earthquake Ground (charged, 1 bars)
Regice raids significantly vary in difficulty:
- Blizzard (and Frost Breath Ice) deal reduced damage against Fire counters, making the fight significantly easier on your Revive / Potions stash.
- Focus Blast can be dangerous, but it doesn’t deal SE damage to anything you would pick for your team, except for Tyranitar. But then again, you wouldn’t pick a Tyranitar against a FB Regice, would you?
- Earthquake is very dangerous, as it deals SE vs Fire types and will likely OHKO any Flareon, or Blaziken you bring to the table.
- The moveset that worries us is Rock Smash and Earthquake, mostly because it’s relatively good against Fire and can lead to increased Revive/Potion spending
Knowing what Regice’s weaknesses and strengths are, we can now take a better look at Regice and weather effects on it. We know that Regice gets weather boosted in snowy weather which for many trainers can be very hard to come across, but honestly don’t worry — it really isn’t worth waiting for snowy weather to do a Regice raid.
Like we saw, Fire types are very effective against Regice, so it is recommended you wait until sunny weather to have some extra strength on your side, just be cautious if Regice has Earthquake Ground.
Cloudy weather is also beneficial for boosting your Fighting types, as many players will just be putting together a team of Machamp to take on all three of the Regis.
- Take advantage of Fire types when battling against Regice in sunny weather
- To catch a weather boosted Regice, raid during snowy weather
- A level 20, 100% IV Regice will be 1764 CP, and weather boosted will be 2205 CP
- Avoid using Pokémon that will take super effective damage, unless if they have a high CP and DPS value