Best Regice counters are Metagross, Chandelure, Moltres, Entei and Charizard. Regice is weak to Fighting, Rock, Fire and Steel moves, but most of its counters are strong Fire Pokemon. Regice max capture combat power is as follows:
- 1703 – 1784 CP (No weather boost, L20, 100% IV)
- 2129 – 2230 CP (Snow weather boost, L25, 100% IV)
In this guide, you will learn which Pokemon are best counters for the Legendary Pokémon Regice. To take down Regice, as long as you prepare well using this guide, should be able to go down with around 6 trainers, or at minimum 4 players.
Regice raid counters are mostly strong Fire Pokemon. Despite Regice’s high defense, it is an easy boss fight.
Regice Raid Counters
Looking for the finest selection of Regice Raid counters on the internet? Look no further Trainer, you’re in the right place. Now bring out those Fire types and let’s melt some ice!
|#||Pokemon||Fast Move||Charge Move||Time to win||Deaths|
|1.||Fire Spin Fire||Blast Burn Fire||556.64s||13.89|
|2.||Fire Spin Fire||Blast Burn Fire||651.88s||20.89|
|3.||Rock Throw Rock||Rock Slide Rock||674.13s||20.89|
|4.||Fire Fang Fire||Fire Blast Fire||672.05s||23.11|
|5.||Low Kick Fighting||Focus Blast Fighting||756.36s||26.11|
|6.||Lick Ghost||Focus Blast Fighting||829.90s||22.11|
|7.||Fire Fang Fire||Overheat Fire||858.96s||24.11|
|8.||Iron Tail Steel||Heavy Slam Steel||889.85s||21.33|
|9.||Bullet Punch Steel||Meteor Mash Steel||888.40s||21.00|
|10.||Smack Down Rock||Sacred Sword Fighting||859.50s||28.11|
|11.||Fire Spin Fire||Overheat Fire||923.67s||22.25|
|12.||Fire Fang Fire||Overheat Fire||917.95s||27.00|
|13.||Fire Spin Fire||Overheat Fire||948.35s||20.33|
|14.||Fire Spin Fire||Flamethrower Fire||996.70s||17.50|
|15.||Steel Wing Steel||Brave Bird||963.46s||21.50|
|16.||Fire Fang Fire||Overheat Fire||916.34s||27.00|
|17.||Counter Fighting||Dynamic Punch Fighting||940.13s||25.56|
|18.||Counter Fighting||Blast Burn Fire||925.09s||29.71|
|19.||Fire Fang Fire||Overheat Fire||1003.71s||20.00|
|20.||Smack Down Rock||Rock Wrecker Rock||974.25s||32.80|
|21.||Thunder Fang Electric||Overheat Fire||973.58s||33.00|
|22.||Water Gun Water||Hydro Cannon Water||993.44s||20.00|
|23.||Low Kick Fighting||Blast Burn Fire||979.05s||27.00|
|24.||Counter Fighting||Aura Sphere Fighting||874.73s||30.00|
|25.||Counter Fighting||Dynamic Punch Fighting||956.17s||29.33|
|26.||Smack Down Rock||Rock Slide Rock||890.83s||37.67|
|27.||Bug Bite Bug||Sludge Bomb Poison||1009.27s||23.60|
|28.||Low Kick Fighting||Close Combat Fighting||1007.22s||25.33|
|29.||Metal Claw Steel||Magnet Bomb Steel||1038.08s||22.33|
|30.||Fire Spin Fire||Overheat Fire||1012.72s||22.50|
|31.||Counter Fighting||Dynamic Punch Fighting||992.47s||26.25|
|32.||Metal Claw Steel||Iron Head Steel||1009.46s||26.50|
|33.||Fire Spin Fire||Blast Burn Fire||1041.02s||18.00|
|34.||Quick Attack Normal||V-create Fire||1073.54s||15.67|
|35.||Fire Fang Fire||Fire Blast Fire||1106.03s||11.00|
Best all around Regice raid counter, takes reduced or neutral damage from most Regice attacks (Earthquake excluded of course), has enough bulk and deals a lot of damage very quickly.
Moltres goes toe to toe with Charizard, and is actually the preferred counter versus Earthquake and Focus Blast, as it’s Flying typing reduces the damage from both.
Chandelure is an amazing Fire-type addition introduced in Generation V, especially useful against Regice’s Fighting type moves.
It’s time to pull those Blast Burn Charizards from retirement, as this budget Moltres does wonders against Regice.
Former best all around Regice raid counter, also takes reduced or neutral damage from most Regice attacks (Earthquake excluded of course), has enough bulk and deals a lot of damage.
Regice moves analysis
While picking counters, we tried our best to pick counters that deal a large amount of damage and take reduced damage from Regice’s moves. Regice has access to the following moves:
|Fast moves||Charge moves|
Regice raids significantly vary in difficulty:
- Blizzard (and Frost Breath Ice) deal reduced damage against Fire counters, making the fight significantly easier on your Revive / Potions stash.
- Focus Blast can be dangerous, but it doesn’t deal SE damage to anything you would pick for your team, except for Tyranitar. But then again, you wouldn’t pick a Tyranitar against a FB Regice, would you?
- Earthquake is very dangerous, as it deals SE vs Fire types and will likely OHKO any Flareon, or Blaziken you bring to the table.
- The moveset that worries us is Rock Smash and Earthquake, mostly because it’s relatively good against Fire and can lead to increased Revive/Potion spending
Knowing what Regice’s weaknesses and strengths are, we can now take a better look at Regice and weather effects on it. We know that Regice gets weather boosted in snowy weather which for many trainers can be very hard to come across, but honestly don’t worry — it really isn’t worth waiting for snowy weather to do a Regice raid.
Like we saw, Fire types are very effective against Regice, so it is recommended you wait until sunny weather to have some extra strength on your side, just be cautious if Regice has Earthquake Ground.
Cloudy weather is also beneficial for boosting your Fighting types, as many players will just be putting together a team of Machamp to take on all three of the Regis.
- Take advantage of Fire types when battling against Regice in sunny weather
- To catch a weather boosted Regice, raid during snowy weather
- A level 20, 100% IV Regice will be 1764 CP, and weather boosted will be 2205 CP
- Avoid using Pokémon that will take super effective damage, unless if they have a high CP and DPS value
- Regirock Raid Counters Guide
- Registeel Raid Counters Guide
- Regice Raid Counters Guide
- Regice PvP Guide: A Comprehensive Analysis