Rhydon is one of the strongest Raid bosses available in game so far. It is not soloable and it will take at least 4-5 Trainers with high CP and high HP Pokemon that benefit from 2x SE moves against Rhydon. This is a Vaporeon gig if there ever was one.
Rhydon Boss CP is 30512 (second highest after Tyranitar) and it can have Max Capture CP of 1886 (perfect IV).
Best counters for Rhydon Raid
|Best attackers||Other options|
|Vaporeon||Water Gun||Hydro Pump||Lanturn||Water Gun||Hydro Pump|
|Venusaur||Vine Whip||Solar Beam||Poliwrath||Bubble||Hydro Pump|
|Feraligatr||Water Gun||Hydro Pump||Vileplume||Razor Leaf||Solar Beam|
|Exeggutor||Bullet Seed||Solar Beam||Victreebel||Razor Leaf||Solar Beam|
Rhydon Raid Counters Explained
Before we go into deeper analysis, remember that Rhydon can’t be soloed. Before joining raid make sure you are using Pokémon with proper movesets.
Rhydon takes Double Super Effective damage from water and grass movesets, due to its dual rock and ground type.
The best Pokemon to fight Rhydon is good old Vaporeon with Water Gun/ Hydro Pump. Water Pokemon do take full (100%) damage from Rock and Ground moves but Vaporeon and Feraligatr have solid Stamina so that doesn’t seem to be a problem for them. On the other hand, Grass Pokemon have lower Stamina but they make it up with resistance to Ground type moves.
- Lanturn with Water Gun/ Hydro Pump
- Meganium with Vine Whip/ Solar Beam
- Victreebel with Razor Leaf/ Solar Beam
- Vileplume with Razor Leaf/ Solar Beam
- Poliwrath with Bubble/ Hydro Pump
- Lapras with Water Gun/ Hydro Pump also any other moveset but Dragon type would do
Considerably weaker, but still viable counters, mostly used in large groups as throw away attackers:
- Omastar with Water Gun/ Hydro Pump
- Kingler with Bobble/ Hydro Pump
- Slowbro with Water Gun/ Water Pulse
- Tangela with Vine Whip/ Solar Beam
- Kingdra with Water Gun/ Hydro Pump