Rhydon is a strong Tier 4 Raid boss in Pokemon GO, it is not soloable and it will take at least 2-3 Trainers with a team of Level 30 counters. Trainers seeking a challenge may try to duo one with high level Kyogre, Frenzy Plant Venusaur, and Gyarados teams.
Rhydon Boss CP is 27992 and it can have Max Capture CPs in the following ranges:
- 1736 – 1816 CP with perfect IVs at level 20
- 2170 – 2270 CP during Sunny or Partly Cloudy weather, with perfect IVs at level 25
Best counters for Rhydon Raid
|Weakness Water x2
Ground Steel Fighting Ice
|Boosted by Partly Cloudy
Rhydon as a boss has access to the following moves:
- Mud Slap Ground (fast)
- Rock Smash Fighting (fast)
- Stone Edge Rock
- Earthquake Ground
- Surf Water
Rhydon’s move sets are not threatening at all to most counters listed in this guide. Stone Edge deals super effective damage to Gyarados, while all other attacks deal neutral or reduced damage to all Rhydon counters. The easiest Rhydon charge move to fight against is Surf.
|Sunny||Boost to Double Super Effective Grass attackers and SE Ground attackers||Boost to its Ground moves Mud Slap and Earthquake|
|Rainy||Boost to Double Super Effective Water attackers||Boost to Surf charged move|
|Snow||Boost to SE Ice and Steel type attackers.||No Benefits|
|Partly Cloudy||No benefits||Boost to Stone Edge charged move|
|Cloudy||Boost to SE Fighting type attackers||Boost to Rock Smash fast move|
|Fog||No benefits||No benefits|
|Windy||No benefits||No benefits|
The best weather will be Rainy or Sunny for a attacker to take on a Rhydon, as a Rhydon takes the Double Super Effective from Grass and Water attackers, so the likes of Kyogre, Gyarados, Sceptile, Venusaur, and such will absolutely demolish the beast.
Rhydon Raid Counters Explained
Before we go into deeper analysis, remember that Rhydon can’t be soloed. Before joining any raid make sure you are using Pokémon with proper movesets.
Rhydon takes Double Super Effective damage from water and grass movesets, due to its dual rock and ground type.
The best Pokemon to fight Rhydon is Kyogre with Waterfall/ Hydro Pump. Simply put its high damage output and longevity in battle make it the supreme counter and the optimal choice for any low person raids. A worthy substitute is Gyarados, with only a slight reduction in TTW (Time to Win) with the same moveset, Waterfall/Hydro Pump. Beyond that the Community Day Venusaur with Frenzy Plant will make a fantastic counter.
- Meganium with Vine Whip/ Solar Beam
- Victreebel with Razor Leaf/ Solar Beam
- Vileplume with Razor Leaf/ Solar Beam
- Poliwrath with Bubble/ Hydro Pump
- Lapras with Water Gun/ Hydro Pump
- Feraligatr with Water Gun/ Hydro Pump
- Swampert with Water Gun/ Surf
- Milotic with Waterfall/ Surf
Considerably weaker, but still viable counters, mostly used in large groups as throw away attackers:
- Omastar with Water Gun/ Hydro Pump
- Kingler with Bobble/ Hydro Pump
- Slowbro with Water Gun/ Water Pulse
- Tangela with Vine Whip/ Solar Beam
- Kingdra with Water Gun/ Hydro Pump