The Greedy Gluttons event brings with it a brand new sort of bonus for an event in Pokémon GO, half hatch distance for the first three incubated eggs of the event, BUT, only if they are incubated using the Pokémon GO Egg Widget. If like me you said… ‘Widget? What’s that?’, we’re here to help you use these Widgets on your phone to get this bonus.
Without the Widget, you cannot take advantage of this bonus, and you must access the app via the Widget for the bonus to be effective.
Firstly, what exactly is a Widget?
A Widget is a quick way to access particular information from an app, without having to open the app itself. The app will open and take you directly to that particular part of the app.
In Pokémon GO, there is both an Adventure Sync Buddy Widget, and an Adventure Sync Egg Hatching Widget, allowing you quick access to these parts of Pokémon GO. For GO, Niantic recommends that these Widgets work best with Adventure Sync enabled.
From the Home Screen:
- Tap and hold a widget or an empty area until the apps jiggle.
- Tap the Add button in the upper-left corner.
- Select the Pokémon GO widget, then tap Add Widget.
- Tap Done.
You can also add Pokémon GO widgets to your Today View by swiping left from your home screen and following the above steps.
To add a widget:
- On a Home screen, touch and hold an empty space.
- Tap Widgets icon
- Tap and hold the Pokémon GO widget. You’ll get images of your Home screens.
- Slide the widget to where you want it. Lift your finger to place the widget.
To resize a widget:
- Touch and hold the widget on your home screen.
- Lift your finger. If the widget can be resized, you’ll find an outline with dots on the sides.
- To resize the widget, drag the dots.
- When you’ve finished, tap outside the widget.