The Pokémon GO Fire and Ice event, also known as Solstice event, takes place from June 13 to June 20 and features increased spawn rates of ice and fire Pokémon, more XP for throws and discounted Lucky Eggs.
Table of contents:
|Name||Pokémon GO Solstice Event|
|Description||Pokemon GO Fire and Ice Event|
|Start date||June 13 1:00 P.M. PDT|
|End date||June 20 1:00 P.M. PDT|
Solstice Event Rarity Tiers
|Common||Vulpix, Growlithe, Cyndaquil, Shellder, Swinub, Ponyta|
|Uncommon||Houndour, Charmander, Seel|
|Very uncommon||Sneasel, Jynx, Magmar|
|Very Rare||Charmeleon, Quilava, Flareon, Rapidash|
|Ultra Rare||Typhlosion, Charizard, Houndoom, Dewgong, Cloyster, Piloswine, Ninetales, Arcanine|
Pokémon GO Fire and Ice Event Guide
Ah the grand Solstice! With the influx of Fire & Ice spawns, it is possible to obtain several high tier Gym attackers and to invest in future Generations. In this guide, we’ll be focusing on collecting a large number of relevant Candy, not on farming EXP.
Pokémon that evolve in future Generations
- Magmar evolves into a Magmortar (fire, 2980 Max CP) in Generation IV, making it one of the best Fire Pokémon in game once Gen 4 lands.
- Sneasel evolves into a Weavile (darkice, 2815 CP) in Generation IV, making it a very lucrative catch during this event. We expect Weavile to cost at least 50 Sneasel Candy to evolve.
- Swinub and Piloswine
- Piloswine evolves into a Mamoswine (groundice, 3289 CP), a defensive beast with great typing. Make sure to stock up on Swinub Candy, as it will be very useful in the future.
Other important catches
DavidKSA wrote an amazing article for GO Hub about “glass cannons” (high DPS, low HP) Pokémon in Pokémon GO, so we’re basing this priority list on his research and our own experience:
- Growlithe, Charmander and Cyndaquil
- Although there is not a lot of difference between these Pokémon in term of their role in the meta, we believe they will become relevant once the Gym rework lands, so keep an eye on them
- Flareon and Espeon are one of the highest rated glass cannons, so Eevee is the a very important catch this event. Do note that Eevee is not yet confirmed as an increased spawn, but Flareon is featured on the official event artwork.
Fire and Ice Event Increased Spawns
Increased fire spawns:
- Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard
- Vulpix, Ninetales
- Growlithe, Arcanine
- Ponyta, Rapidash
- Eevee, Flareon
- Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion
- Houndour, Houndoom
Increased ice spawns: