Excadrill is a Tier 4 raid boss. Excadrill is a dual Ground Steel type, is boosted by Sunny and Snow weather, and has weaknesses to the following types: Water, Ground, Fire, Fighting. Best Excadril counters are Moltres and Kyogre.
As a Tier 4, its stat composition of 255 Attack, 129 Defense, and 9000 Stamina brings its raid boss CP to 30737. With these stats, it makes for an easy Tier 4 duo.
You can catch an Excadrill Raid boss with the following CPs:
- 1770-1853 (Level 20)
- 2212-2317 (Weather Boosted Level 25)
|WEAKNESS Water Ground Fire Fighting||BOOSTED BY Sunny Snow|
* Italics indicate legacy moves
Your best counters will be the usual go-to Fire, Water, and [fighitng] types like the ones listed at the top of the list. The type you choose really depends on which Moves Excadrill has.
Speaking of which, here are the Moves that Excadrill gets:
- Metal Claw (Steel, fast)
- Mud-Slap (Ground, fast)
- Earthquake (Ground, 1 bar charge)
- Iron Head (Steel, 2 bar charge)
- Rock Slide (Rock, 2 bar charge)
- Drill Run (Ground, 2 bar charge)
Sunny, Cloudy, or Rainy weather really boosts your counters, of the respective types, and lowers the time to win against Excadrill, with both Sunny and Cloudy weather common, this is good news. The downside with Sunny weather is it boosts Excadrill’s Ground Moves. To help visualize this, here is a weather table for your viewing pleasure.
|Sunny||Boosts your Fire and Ground counters||Boosts Excadrill’s Mud-Slap, Earthquake, and Drill Run|
|Partly Cloudy||Boosts Excadrill’s Rock Slide|
|Cloudy||Boosts your Fighting counters|
|Windy||No pros or cons|
|Rainy||Boosts your Water counters|
|Snow||Boosts Excadrill’s Metal Claw & Iron Head|
|Fog||No pros or cons|
These are not going to be your best bet for the raid boss, but if you are a lower level Trainer looking to do the raid with some friends here are some other counters worth looking at:
- Flareon Fire Spin/Flamethrower
- Excadrill Mud-Slap/Drill Run
- Toxicroak Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Magmortar Fire Spin/Fire Punch
- Arcanine Fire Fang/Flamethrower
- Crawdaunt Waterfall/Crabhammer
- Groudon Mudshot/Earthquake
- Charizard Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Chandelure Fire Spin/Overheat
And that is all that we have for you! Feel free to leave your success (or fail) stories in the comments below!