Giratina (Origin Forme) is a Tier 5 Raid Boss in Pokémon GO. The best Giratina Origin Forme counters are mostly the same as Altered Giratina, featuring strong Dragon, Dark, Ghost and Ice types, such as Rayquaza, Dragonite, Palkia, Gengar, Mewtwo, and Tyranitar. Giratina (Origin Form) has a Raid Boss CP of 41776, can be caught with the following CP Values:
- 2018 – 2105 CP with no weather boost (Level 20)
- 2523 – 2631 CP with Fog or Windy weather (Level 25)
The best-case scenario for Giratina (Origin Forme) is a very manageable duo with Best Friend Bonuses and full teams of Dragons with possibly Mamoswine or Gengar mixed in if needed. Ideally, use 3-6 high-level players, or 6+ lower leveled players when fighting this raid boss. This guide lists the best counters, forme stats, and which moves Giratina (Origin Forme) can have in Pokémon GO.
Origin Giratina counters
|WEAKNESS Dark Dragon Fairy Ghost Ice||BOOSTED BY Windy Fog|
Giratina will be boosted by Fog and Windy weather, while being more vulnerable in Fog, Windy, Cloudy, and Snow.
|Windy||Allows a Level 25 Encounter from Weather Boost. Boosts Dragon attackers.||Boosts Giratina’s Dragon Tail and Dragon Pulse|
|Cloudy||Boosts Fairy attackers||–|
|Snow||Boosts Ice attackers||–|
|Fog||Allows a Level 25 Encounter from Weather Boost. Boosts Ghost and Dark attackers.||Boosts Giratina’s Shadow Claw, Shadow Ball, and Ominous Wind|
Giratina’s Raid Moves and Stats Analysis
Giratina (Origin Forme) is a Ghost Dragon type that has the following stats:
|Max CP 3683|
|ATK 225||DEF 187||HP 284|
|Weak to||Strong Against|
|Dark Dragon Fairy Ghost Ice||Ghost Psychic Dragon|
Giratina (Origin Forme) can have the following move sets in a raid battle and when captured:
|Fast Moves||Charge Moves||DPS||TDO|
|Shadow Claw Ghost||Shadow Ball Ghost||14.54||1035.27|
|Dragon Tail Dragon||Shadow Ball Ghost||14.09||1003.71|
|Shadow Claw Ghost||Dragon Pulse Dragon||12.85||915.06|
|Dragon Tail Dragon||Dragon Pulse Dragon||12.48||888.89|
|Shadow Claw Ghost||Ominous Wind Ghost||12.10||861.61|
|Dragon Tail Dragon||Ominous Wind Ghost||11.75||836.67|
*DPS and TDO are calculated using Level 40 Pokemon with perfect IVs and a 200 DEF defender model. The values displayed here should be compared only among themselves and represent DPS and TDO approximations.
Now, what actually makes Giratina (Origin Forme) that much different from the Altered Forme?
- Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball being available to the Origin Forme gives it access to the best Ghost-type moveset in the game.
- Origin Forme also has access to the Fast Move: Dragon Tail and the Charge Moves: Dragon Pulse and Ominous Wind.
- Origin Forme and Altered Forme, in the game, swap their attack and defence stats, making Origin Forme attack based, and Altered Forme defence based. This means that Origin Forme will hit harder but be defeated faster.
- A duo that would have been difficult before with Altered Forme is now entirely easy with Origin Forme, even before factoring in weather and friendship bonuses. Which in turn means that it is a simply easier fight. You do not need as many people with Origin Forme as you did with Altered Forme.
- It will hit harder, and you may see more faints. However, the effect is minimal as far as simulations go. You will only see these results when using your glass cannons like Gengar and Banette.
- Origin Forme will be your go-to forme to use if Giratina ever gets an exclusive move. Altered Giratina, even with something exclusive, would not see as wide usage as an Origin Forme would.
Giratina (Origin Forme) TTW Chart
|Pokémon||Fast Move||Charge Move||TTW||Deaths|
|Mega Houndoom||Snarl||Foul Play||424.1s||7|
|Palkia||Dragon Tail||Draco Meteor||608.9s||28|
|Salamence||Dragon Tail||Draco Meteor||606.9s||30|
|Mewtwo||Psycho Cut||Shadow Ball||647.8s||32|
|Latios||Dragon Breath||Dragon Claw||633.7s||35|
|Giratina||Shadow Claw||Shadow Ball||754.1s||33|
|Ursaring||Shadow Claw||Play Rough||812.9s||26|