Registering for the Pokemon GO Regional Championships can be confusing for first time applicants, as the process involves multiple steps, from profile creation to signing up for a regional tournament.
Fret not dear Trainer, this in-depth guide will help you sign up and participate in the Pokémon GO Regional Championship series with ease!
Do note that some Regional Tournaments have rank requirement, and some don’t. The upcoming Liverpool Regionals are open to everyonem regardless of the rank you held in GO Battle League.
In order to apply for any Pokémon GO Regional Championship you need a Play! Pokémon Player ID. This number will be used in further steps of the registration, so keep it at hand. To create a Play! Pokémon Player ID, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Pokémon Trainer Club account on Pokemon.com.
- From the menu on the left-hand side, click Play! Pokémon Settings.
- In the Play! Pokemon Account section, select Please assign me a new Player ID number.
In the Play! Pokémon Preferences section, you can then select whether you want to participate in Play! Pokémon Programs (and which product your Play! Points should go toward), and then click Submit.
Registering for a Regional Tournament
We are using Liverpool Regional Tournament as an example in this guide, but the process is same for almost every other Regional Tournament you want to register for.
- Make sure you have completed the Prerequisites step and that you have a Play! Pokémon ID
- Go to the tournamentcenter.gg website and find upcoming tournaments:
- Select the tournament you want to register for, in this case, Liverpool regionals and continue to tournament registration. Registrations take place via the rk9.gg website:
- Don’t worry about which Division you should apply for – the system will automatically determine this since it’s based on your age.
- The Play! Pokémon program divides players into tournament groups based on the year they were born. These groups are the Junior, Senior, and Masters Divisions. Whenever possible, players are paired with other players in the same age division.
- As of July 5, 2020, the three age divisions are defined as follows:
- Junior Division: Born in 2009 or later
- Senior Division: Born in 2005, 2006, 2007, or 2008
- Masters Division: Born in 2004 or earlier
Setting up RK9.gg profile
- Sign in with your Google Account to RK9 (you need this in addition to the Pokémon Trainer Club account and Play! Id number you obtained earlier in this guide)
- If this is your first time signing in to RK9.gg – welcome! Before you can register, you will need to set up your RK9 profile
- Make sure to input your Play! Pokémon Profile ID and your Pokémon GO Trainer Nickname. Be careful with Play! ID as you can only enter it once.
- Go back to Edit Profile and input your birthday. Be sure to enter your real birthday date. Once you complete this step your profile is complete and ready for registering to Pokémon GO tournaments.
- Go back to the Tournament you want to register for.
- In our case it was Tournaments > Regional Tournaments > Liverpool GO Regional Championship 2022 Registration
- Fill out the remaining fields if needed and mark with checkboxes things that are required (Photo usage consent and COVID-19 rules)
- Send your Registration and continue to the Payment screen
- Once your registration is submitted, you have to pay the entrance fee. You have 15 minutes to make a payment otherwise you will have to repeat the registration process. Your registration is not valid for entry until the payment has been verified.
- Once you pay the entrance fee, you have to wait for the payment verification:
- Once your payment has been verified, the screen will look something like this:
🎉🎉 And you’re done! ✅ ! Not that scary is it?
We know that registering for Pokémon Tournaments can be stressful, and for us as Pokémon GO players, this process can look a bit confusing at times. We are happy that we are able to provide our readers with this guide and we hope that more players will take part in the Regional Tournaments.
Liverpool GO Regional Championship 2022 registration is now open for everyone, regardless of the rank you held in GO Battle League, and we hope you will try out your luck this weekend!
If you’re planning to participate, please ensure you have read and fully understand the Pokémon GO Tournament Handbook.
Players are responsible for knowing all rules and restrictions contained within this document.