Hypno is a Tier 3 raid boss. Hypno is a pure Psychic type, is boosted by Windy weather, and has weaknesses to the following types:
- Bug, Dark, Ghost
As a Tier 3, its stat composition of 144 Attack, 193 Defense, and 3600 Stamina brings its raid boss CP to 13758. With these stats, it makes for a semi-difficult Tier 3 solo, but doable for the likes of Origin Giratina and Gengar. You can catch a Hypno Raid boss with the following CPs:
- 1129-1194 (Level 20)
- 1411-1493 (Weather Boosted Level 25)
|WEAKNESS Bug Dark Ghost||BOOSTED BY Windy|
* Italics indicate legacy moves
Your best counters will be the usual go-to Ghost & Dark types like the ones listed at the top of the list. Hypno does have access to a Fighting Charge Move, Focus Blast, that can give Dark Pokémon trouble.
Speaking of which, here are the moves that Hypno gets:
- Zen Headbutt (Psychic, fast)
- Confusion (Psychic, fast)
- Futuresight (Psychic, 1 bar charge)
- Psychic (Psychic, 1 bar charge)
- Focus Blast (Fighting, 1 bar charge)
- Ice Punch (Ice, 3 bar charge)
- Thunder Punch (Electric, 3 bar charge)
- Fire Punch (Fire, 3 bar charge)
The best moveset to counter will be Zen Headbutt/Thunder Punch, while the worst moveset to find will be Confusion/Futuresight. This is due to Thunder Punch being a weak 3-bar move, so it will not hit as hard in the long run.
Weather EffectsFog weather boosts your best counters and lowers the time to win for Hypno, so Fog weather is the best weather to attempt. Rainy weather will boost the Bug-type counters. Hypno’s Quick Moves along with its two Psychic Charge Moves get a boost in Windy weather. To help visualize this, here is a weather table for your viewing pleasure.
|Sunny||Boosts Hypno’s Fire Punch|
|Partly Cloudy||No pros or cons|
|Cloudy||Boosts Hypno’s Focus Blast|
|Windy||Boosts Hypno’s Quick Moves, Futuresight, and Psychic|
|Rainy||Boosts your Bug counters||Boosts Hypno’s Thunder Punch|
|Snow||Boosts Hypno’s Ice Punch|
|Fog||Boosts your Dark & Ghost counters|
These are not going to be your best bet for soloing the raid boss, but if you are a lower level Trainer looking to do the raid with some friends here are some other counters worth looking at.
- Scizor Fury Cutter/X-Scissor
- Yanmega Bug Bite/Bug Buzz
- Salamance Bite/Draco Meteor
- Alakazam Psycho Cut/Shadow Ball
- Shiftry Feint Attack/Foul Play
- Raikou Thunder Shock/Shadow Ball
- Scyther Fury Cutter/X-Scissor
And that is all that we have for you! Feel free to leave your success (or fail) stories in the comments below!