In this guide, we’re breaking down the entire shiny hunting process in Pokémon Legends: Arceus, including shiny odds, re-roll mechanics and how to get the best chance of actually finding and capturing a shiny Pokémon in PLA.
In Pokémon Legends: Arceus, shiny hunting has changed dramatically compared to previous Pokémon games. Not only is shiny hunting easier, as you can see (and hear) shiny Pokémon in the overworld, but the underlying formulas and re-roll values are different as well.
Shiny hunters will enjoy Pokémon Legends: Arceus! Along with the Shiny Charm, many new mechanics can further improve your chances of finding a shiny from the base 1/4096 rate.
Pokémon Legends: Arceus Shiny Rates
- Base Shiny Rate is 1 / 4096
- Dex Research Level 10 gives 1 Extra Roll
- Dex Perfect Research gives 2 Extra Rolls
- Shiny Charm gives 3 Extra Rolls
- Outbreaks give 25 Extra Rolls
You can get the following bonuses for your shiny chances (each extra-roll is an additional chance to get a shiny, so an additional 1 in 4096 chance):
|Pokédex Research Level 10 (applies per Pokémon)||1|
|Pokédex Research Perfect (applies per Pokémon, all Pokédex tasks complete)||2|
These bonuses stack, which means that you can work your way towards hunting a particular shiny easily.
A few notes about the shiny rate bonuses:
- Completing the Pokédex page will unlock Level 10 and Perfect Level bonuses
- Perfect Level Pokédex includes the Level 10 Pokédex bonus as well, so it’s actually 3 re-rolls
- Mass Outbreak bonuses apply whether or not you have previously seen the Pokémon
The following infographic describes all of the various Pokémon Legens: Arceus shiny rate mechanics:
In any case, we recommend strongly that you watch Austin John Plays video on the topic:
Shiny locked encounters in Pokémon Legends: Arceus
- All static encounters (starters, Legendary and Mythical Pokémon) are shiny-locked
- All gift Pokémon are shiny locked
- This also includes Phione and other story encounters from both the main and side quests.
- Game Freak ensured that only things that can be captured repeatedly can be found shiny.
Quick and Easy Shiny Hunting Table
|Bonuses||Shiny Rolls||Shiny Rate|
|Base shiny rate||1||1/4096|
|Dex Level 10||2||1/2048.25|
|Dex Perfect||Shiny Charm||7||1/585.57|
|Dex Level 10||27||1/152.19|
|Dex Perfect||Shiny Charm||32||1/128.49|
Number of encounters to get at least one Shiny