The countdown to D-Day, or should we say “TGR-Day”, has ended. Team GO Rocket Takeover has begun and in grand fashion will be taking over all of your PokéStops for ONE hour! Here is what we’ve learned:
|Event||Team GO Rocket Takeover|
|Starts||July 28, 2019
4:00pm – 5:00pm (local time)
|Features||• TGR takes over all PokéStops
• TGR Photobombs 3 Snapshots
Team GO Rocket will invade your town from 4:00 – 5:00pm (your local time) so if you have the chance to plan ahead, do so!
Photobombs: Don’t forget these! Three guaranteed photobombs will occur and give you the chance at a Meowth encounter. Now, we haven’t heard any reports of shiny Meowth, sad day, but this is an excellent opportunity to get three Snapshots closer to that Gold Badge if you are still working to achieve it!
Potions: Potions are your friend! What has now become one of the most invaluable items in Pokémon GO (if you are working to take back your PokéStops) are potions. Unlike Trainer Battles, your Pokémon will faint during TGR battles and will require reviving so spin those stops and open gifts to keep your bag stocked!
Starpiece: If you have’m, run them! Be sure to run a Starpiece as you take over stops and catch your Shadow Pokémon! Might as well get that 150% Stardust, right?
Team GO Rocket Badge: Much like the Snapshot Badge, take advantage of the number of stops you have around you to get closer to that new Gold Hero Badge and Purifier Badge! On the other hand, don’t overdo it! Yes, the takeover is for one hour, but it seems Team GO Rocket is here to stay.
Shiny: Last, but certainly not least, if you haven’t encountered Shiny Ekans, Koffing, Sneasel or Zubat there is still time! Shiny check! Shiny check! Shiny check! Hatch, Raid, Hatch, Raid! For more information about the event taking place, checkout our event guide!
|Normal Version||Shiny Version|
Tips and Tricks for Takeovers
As we stated in our Team Rocket Invasion: Everything You Need to Know guide, the following dialogue will help you indicate what you will be encountering and how to build your team for battle:
- BUG – Go, my super bug Pokemon!
- DARK – Wherever is a light, there is also shadow.
- DRAGON – ROAR! … How’d that sound?
- ELECTRIC – Get ready to be shocked!
- FAIRY – Check out my cute Pokemon!
- FIGHTING – This buff physique isn’t just for show!
- FIRE – Do you know how hot Pokemon fire breath can get?
- FLYING – My bird Pokemon wants to battle with you!
- GHOST – Ke…ke…ke…ke…ke…ke!
- GRASS – Don’t tangle with us!
- GROUND – You’ll be defeated into the ground!
- ICE – You’re gonna be frozen in your tracks.
- NORMAL – Normal doesn’t mean weak.
- POISON – Coiled and ready to strike!
- PSYCHIC – Are you scared of physics that use unseen power?
- ROCK – Let’s rock and roll!
- STEEL – You’re no match for my iron will!
- WATER – These waters are treacherous!
Be sure to use appropriate counters as these fights are not easy.
* he dialogue/types bolded are the only ones reported in-game at this time.
Good luck out there Trainers!! Take down these evil doers and Save Our Pokémon!!