March has arrived and with it comes a shakeup to the field research and raid boss lineups. There are some exciting options in both the raid lineup and the field research, so let’s get into it!
First, Thunderus has bolted into 5-star raids!
Check out our raid guide here to make sure you’re prepared! Niantic has announced through twitter that for this entire month Thunderus will be available as a potential reward in the Go Battle League.
Along with Thunderus there was a small shakeup to the rest of the raid boss list.
Raid Boss List
Raid Boss Notes
- If you raid Boldore with a friend, you can then trade them with each other and you’ll each earn yourself a Gigalith.
- Klink, Sneasel, Alolan Exeggutor, and Mawile are all fairly easy shiny check solo’s
- Aerodactyl, Alolan Raichu, and Onyx are tier 3 shiny checks. Soloable, but more difficult.
- Cranidos evolves to Rampardos, the best rock-type attacker in the game. So now’s your chance to get out and get a high IV one
Solo Raid Guides
March Field Research
7 Day Research Reward
Ferroseed is the 7th-day Research Reward, and along with that, you will earn an extra 5,000 stardust that you will be awarded as part of your reward, not on the catch.
Field Research Tasks
|Catch 10 Pokémon||Magikarp|
|Catch a Dragon-Type Pokémon||Dratini|
|Catch 5 Fire-Type Pokémon||Torchic|
|Catch 3 Grass, Fire, Or Ground-Type Pokémon.||Hoppip|
|Catch 5 Pokémon with a Weather Boost||Poliwhirl or Vulpix|
|Make 5 Great Curveball Throws in a Row||Spinda #6|
|Make 5 Nice Throws||Voltorb|
|Make 3 Great Throws in a Row||Onyx|
|Make 3 Excellent Throws in a Row||Larvitar|
|Make 3 Great Throws||Gastly, Anorith or Lileep|
|Battle in a Gym||Mankey|
|Battle in a Gym 5 Times||Machop|
|Win a Gym Battle||Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle|
|Win 3 Gym Battles||Jynx|
|Use A Super Effective Charged Attack in 7 Gym Battles||Electabuzz|
|Battle in a Raid||Pinsir|
|Win A Level 3 or Higher Raid||Omanyte or Kabuto|
|Win 5 Raids||Aerodactyl|
|Battle Another Trainer||Mankey|
|Defeat 3 Team Go Rocket Grunts||Growlithe|
|Hatch and Egg||Exeggcute|
|Hatch 3 Eggs||Magmar|
|Hatch 5 Eggs||Chansey|
|Trade A Pokémon||Tangela|
|Transfer 3 Pokémon||Diglett|
|Send 10 Gifts to Friends||Gligar|
|Power up a Pokémon 5 times||Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle|
|Evolve a Pokémon||Eevee or Gloom|
Field Research Notes
- Spinda has changed forms to form #6
- Magmar and Chansey are both available as shiny now
- If you’re looking to finish off old Special Research you might be interested in
- Win A Level 3 or Higher Raid for Omanyte or Kabuto
- Win 5 Raids for Aerodactyl
- Make 3 Great Throws for Anorith or Lileep (and cross your fingers you don’t get Gastly)
There are lots of great opportunities to get some meta relevant, and a lot of shiny opportunities. Plus some chances for trainers to finish off older special research.
What are you most excited about?