|Totodile Community Day Guide|
|Totodile Community day event times in various regions|
|Totodile CP and IV & 100% Search String|
|Shiny Totodile , Croconaw, and Feraligatr|
|Recommended Items for Advanced Players|
|General Event Tips and Tricks|
Totodile Community Day Infographics
Totodile Community day Event Times in Various Regions
Totodile Community Day (January Community Day) takes place at the following local times (if more time conversions are needed, use this website to figure out your local time):
|Asian-Pacific region||Jan. 13, 2019 from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. JST (GMT+9)|
|Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India||Jan. 12, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. UTC (GMT +0)|
|Americas and Greenland||Jan. 12, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. PST (GMT -8)|
Event bonuses include:
- 4x Incubator Effectiveness (plus the Hatchathon Event will still be live during this Community Day so double hatch Candy and Stardust will also be active – be sure check the Community Day box as it will most likely have a good deal on Incubators this time)
- 3 hour long lures
- More Totodile spawns
- Exclusive Feraligatr move, Hydro Cannon, can be obtained for one hour after the event ends.
Item recommendations for Totodile CD
Seeing as how this is a Community Day that boosts the effectiveness of Incubators, those should be the main item you use throughout.
With that being said, we would advise you to use the following items to maximize gains in other areas:
|Star Piece||Stardust is the currency in this game, and with the extraordinarily high costs of second move unlocks, it is well worth your time to throw one of these on while catching all those Totodiles.|
|Gotcha / GO Plus / Poké Ball Plus||This is just a good choice overall, its been known to help track distance greater than regular walking, it can help catch those random Pokémon you may find throughout the day, and if you have the Poke Ball Plus you can walk your favorite from Let’s Go|
|Super Incubator/Regular Incubator||You most likely will be walking a lot, so making sure you’re Incubating and Super Incubating as many eggs as possible, in order to cash in on the stardust from hatching and get after any hatches that may be alluding you.|
Of course, add on top of this all the regular stuff:
- Poké Balls for catching everything, specifically Great and Ultra Balls.
- Lucky Eggs for when you do raids during the day and to help leveling overall.
- Lure modules to take advantage of the 3 hour lures.
- Incense to attract more possible shiny Totodile.
Totodile CP and IV Chart
No Community Day guide would be complete without a look at the CP potential in caught Pokémon. If you are looking to see what makes a 100% Totodile, here is what to expect:
- 765- 970 CP is the level 30 CP Totodile range
- 970 CP is 100% without Weather Boost
- 829 – 1051 CP is a level 35 CP Totodile range
- 1051 CP is 100% with Weather Boost Rainy
- This is the absolute best you can find in the wild.
Check out the full CP Chart here and IV per level charts here. And here is your mandatory Totodile 100% search string (These ivs are just possible 100% ivs, the only guaranteed 100% ones are 970 with no weather and 1051 with weather):
Shiny Totodile Family
Shiny Totodile is luckily a fairly noticeable shiny, sporting a rather green color in comparison to the blue it usually has, so there will not be any confusion on this shiny hunt. For those wondering on the whole family however, here they are:
General Event Tips and Tricks
- Being late is never a good thing, get around your spot early and see what changes into Totodile. Pokémon you have not caught prior to the event start can turn into Totodile, it is best to wait to catch until the event starts.
- Be patient – there will always be errors and bugs at the start of the event. It is best to restart the app in some, if not most, cases.
- Remember Pokéstops give out quests that are very beneficial on Community Day, giving you rewards for stardust, Great and Ultra Balls, and Pinap Berries, all things that can help you if your stocks are low.
- Expect a Community Day box to drop roughly a few hours before the event, it might be the discount you need or were looking for.
- To ensure that you have Lures up the entire duration, do not lure prior to the event start, as those will only last 30 minutes. You will know when Community Day is on, just watch for Community Day spawns, the lag spike, the spinning Pokéball, and the almost inevitable need to restart. Lures will last for three hours then.
- Use Incense to attract even more Pokémon to you while you’re out hunting. If you are wondering, yes Incense can spawn Community Day ‘mons, that can be shiny. Incense is worth it.
- Chat with your fellow Trainers and grow your local Pokémon Go community. Make good use of the QR code feature to make some new friends!
- Promote the new Pokémon Go features and events to Trainers who are just starting their adventure or haven’t been playing for a while. People are coming back around due to trading, Generation IV’s slow rollout, PVP, and these community events.
- Most importantly, have fun, get some shinies, and hope for good network connections!