Trainers, the Pokémon GO Halloween 2019 event is now live, bringing Darkrai Raids, ×2 Candy Bonuses, new Raid Bosses, new Field Research Tasks and a refreshed version of A Spooky Message 2019 Guide. These Raid Bosses and Field Research tasks are available until November 1, 2019 (1 p.m. PDT).
|Halloween: Catch 5 Gastly or Shuppet|
|Halloween: Catch 10 Ghost-type Pokémon||×1000 Stardust|
|Halloween: Evolve 3 Drifloon or Stunky||×1 Rare Candy|
|Halloween: Make 3 Excellent Throws in a row|
|Halloween: Defeat a Team GO Rocket Grunt|
|Halloween: Take 5 snapshots of Ghost-type Pokémon|
Sneasel, Yamask and Sableye can be shiny from Field Research encounters and wild encounters.
- Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle are wearing costumes. They can be shiny, but they can’t evolve. These Pokemon are exclusive for the Halloween 2019 event.
- Similar to wild encounters, Yamask can be shiny from Tier 2 raids. All Tier 2 Pokemon can be shiny, which makes this tier a no brainer for shiny hunters.
- Get yourself some Gengar while the event lasts. Gengar is a great DPS machine, especially if you’re lacking a team of 6 Origin Giratina
- The Tier 4 Umbreon is an excellent opportunity to snatch an incredible team member for your PvP endeavors.
- Darkrai has been released as a “Tier 6” raid boss. Tier 6 doesn’t officially exist, as the raid boss is displayed as a Tier 5 raid boss, but it has 22500 HP. Tier 5 bosses usually have 15000 HP. This change has made the fight significantly harder, forcing us to update our Darkrai Raid Counters Guide and bump the minimum Trainer requirement to four people.